Best Baking Tips is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
I’m excited to share with you a classic Polish recipe that is sure to delight! Angel Wing Cookies (Chrusciki)! These light and airy, buttery treats come together quickly and are perfect for adding the finishing touch of sweetness to any celebration. With the help of a few simple ingredients and no special equipment, these beautiful chrusciki can be enjoyed all year long by both adults and children alike. So let’s get started – it’s time to make some delicious angel wings!
Angel Wing Cookies (Chrusciki): Heavenly Delights!
Angel Wing Cookies, more commonly known as Chrusciki, are a beloved treat sure to charm the sweet tooth of even the most demanding palate. Originating in Poland and traditionally made around Christmas time, they consist of paper-thin layers of dough piped into an eye-catching lattice-work effect and then finished off with a healthy dusting of powdered sugar.
Chrusciki are crunchy but delicate at the same time and work well with coffee or tea for that special afternoon treat. Once you’ve tasted one, you’ll be dreaming about them for days! Perfect for those wanting to bake something special yet relatively easy, these heavenly delights have been a cherished part of holiday traditions in many countries for centuries now. Why not grab some ingredients today and start baking your own Angel Wing Cookies (Chrusciki)?
Best Baking Tips; Pro-Tips!
For those of you looking to make the perfect Angel Wing Cookies (Chrusciki), here are a few helpful tips to make sure you get it just right:
Sift the dry Ingredients
One key tip is to make sure you sift the dry ingredients before adding them together and blending them into a dough – sifting the flour helps ensure a light texture when baking chrusciki. Sifting also helps mix the ingredients uniformly and break up any clumps of sugar or baking powder that may have formed in storage.
Let the dough rest
It is extremely important to let the dough rest before rolling it out and frying it. Resting the dough allows it to cool down and firm up so that when it hits the hot oil, the cookie can puff up magnificently.
Serve them warm and immediately after baking so that you get the full crunchy texture. Store the leftovers in an airtight container for up to two days; however, they won’t have quite the same wow factor as serving them directly from the oven.
Angel Wing Cookies (Chrusciki)
If you want to try this Angel Wing Cookies (Chrusciki) Recipe, share your photo and experience with us. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #bestbakingtip, #angelwingcookies, and #chrusciki
Angel Wing Cookies (Chrusciki)
Let's gather the ingredients!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ½ tsp lemon zest freshly grated
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- oil for frying
- powdered sugar for sprinkling
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt until all combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture on the dry ingredients while continuously stirring using a wooden spoon.
- When all the ingredients are combined, work the dough using your hands until the dough is smooth and even. Set the dough aside for 15 minutes to rest.
Let's form and fry!
- Preheat a deep pot with oil over medium-low heat.
- While the dough is heating, roll the dough out into a flat piece and slice it into long, 1-inch thick strips.
- Slice the strips horizontally to where they are about 4 inches in length. Then, slice a slit into the center of each strip. To form the cookie, take one end of the strip and insert it through the slit.
- Fry the cookies in small batches until they turn a slight shade of golden brown.
- Remove and drain the cookies, then dust each cookie with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm, and enjoy with family and friends!
Below are the must-read articles about baking. You will enjoy them reading as they are full of information and helpful tips. Read them and share your thoughts.
To Wrap It All Up
Whether you’re a first-time baker or an experienced cook, these Angel Wing Cookies (Chrusciki) are sure to be a hit. They’re perfect for Christmas parties, New Year’s celebrations, or any other festive event. Let us know in the comments how they turn out for you!
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried this Angel Wing Cookies (Chrusciki) Recipe, please don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. In addition, Take a ? and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. For more baking recipes make sure you subscribed to our weekly newsletter. ?