Affiliate Statement and a Caveat
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
If you love holiday sweets, you must try making snowball cookies! They’re a classic winter treat that’s super easy to make. Plus, they’re so cute and festive – perfect for the holiday season. So whether you’re looking for a new cookie recipe to try on or want to add something special to your holiday baking, give snowball cookies a chance to shine!
Classic Snowball Cookies: Your Favorite Winter Treat!
Nothing beats the classic, even in desserts! The old familiar flavor that never disappoints. You will always look for these staples in front of the dessert table. Something you can quickly grab and pair with anything because it’s so basic yet so good. This classic favorite will give you nothing but good memories in every bite. Packed with the right amount of sweetness, it has nothing fancy but just its buttery, crumbly, and nutty goodness that can surely satisfy all your guests. These cookies are not only delicious but also incredibly quick and easy to make. Nowadays, nobody seeks complicated stuff since the holidays are already so hectic!
When preparing for a holiday feast, finding and buying your ingredients is the most time-consuming part. Sometimes we tend to forget a few ingredients along the way– Imagine the hassle! With this recipe, life would be so much more breezy. With just six ingredients that you can easily score in your pantry- you can already make everyone happy with this classic treat. And you know what the best part is? You only need a few tools to make this, meaning less mess to clean.
Few Tweaks and Tricks
If you are not the classic type and always want to take things a notch higher, then why not level up this treat? Instead of just adding pecans, you can replace them with chocolate chips that will ooze once baked.
Some would also love the fruity variation, so go ahead and indulge by adding some fruit jams in the middle. I recommend using fruit jams with pulp bits. If you love to experiment, how about melting cheese in the middle? The savory flavor of the cheese will balance out the sweetness of the cookies.
Let’s Make it Vegan
To make this dessert suitable for vegans, you only need to replace the butter with a vegan version. But just in case you can’t find one in your area, you can use vegetable or plant-based neutral oil instead. However, using oil may affect the consistency and texture of your cookie dough since it’s in liquid form. At this point, I recommend you reduce the amount of it. You can try replacing 1 cup of butter with 3/4 cup of vegetable oil.
Classic Snowball Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar divided into 2 parts
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract or almond extract
- ½ tsp fine salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans finely chopped
- Prepare your oven by preheating it to 350 F.
- Using a stand mixer and mixing bowl, cream the softened butter on high speed until it becomes creamy in texture.
- Lower the speed of your mixer, add half of the powdered sugar, and resume mixing it slowly until combined.
- Cream the butter and powdered sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. This process will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Then add in the vanilla extract and fine salt. Mix until blended.
- Add ½ of the flour to the mixture; mix it before adding and then the rest of the remaining flour.
- Mix in the chopped pecans.
- Divide the cookie dough into 24 balls about 1-inch size. Roll the cookies and line them on your prepared baking sheet, 1 inch apart.
- You can now bake your cookies for 15 to 17 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown.
Finishing and Dusting
- Put the remaining 1 cup of powdered sugar in a medium bowl and set aside while the cookies bake.
- Once done baking, take the cookies out of the oven.
- Roll each cookie in the powdered sugar while it is still warm, then place them aside to cool.
- Roll the cookies in any remaining powdered sugar to form a second coat before serving.
- Enjoy the cookies while warm and pair them with your favorite drink.
More Easy Dessert Recipe
Love healthy baking recipes? You could try these simple recipes at home to impress your loved ones. Perfect for after-meal treats, coffee, and tea parties with friends and family!
To Wrap It All Up
When it comes to holiday baking, sometimes you don’t have time for fancy ingredients or complicated techniques. That’s why this no-fuss recipe is perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy the holidays without all the stress. Try this Classic Snowball Cookie recipe at home! We think you’ll be glad you did.
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried the Classic Snowball Cookie Recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. Tag us on our social media accounts, subscribe to our weekly newsletter, and follow the Best Baking Tips and Vegan Globetrotter sites for more delicious ideas!