Affiliate Statement and a Caveat
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Making biscuits from scratch is easier than you might think. And this easy buttermilk biscuits recipe is the perfect introduction to biscuit-making. The ingredients are simple and the steps are easy to follow. Plus, the end result is a batch of delicious, fluffy biscuits that are perfect for breakfast or brunch. So give this easy buttermilk biscuits recipe a try! You won’t be disappointed!
Easy Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe: The perfect introduction to biscuit-making!
Buttermilk biscuits are a time-honored tradition in the American South, and for good reason! These fluffy, flaky bites of heaven are the perfect accompaniment to any meal, and they’re surprisingly easy to make. Just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of elbow grease are all you need to whip up a batch of these delicious morsels. And once you’ve mastered the basics, there’s no limit to the possibilities for flavor and fillings. So whether you like your biscuits plain or topped with gravy, sweet or savory, this easy buttermilk biscuits recipe is the perfect introduction to biscuit-making!
Best Baking Tips; Pro-Tips!
Biscuits are a classic breakfast food, but they can be a bit tricky to make. Here are a few tips to help you get the perfect biscuit:
1. Start with cold ingredients. This includes both your butter and your milk. Cold ingredients will help to keep your biscuits from spreading too much in the oven.
2. Cut the butter into small pieces before adding it to the flour. This will make it easier to incorporate the butter into the dough.
3. Be careful not to over-mix the dough. Over-mixing can result in tough biscuits. Just mix until the ingredients are well combined.
4. Use a biscuit cutter to cut out your biscuits. You can also use a glass or a cookie cutter. Just be sure to flour the cutter before each use so that the dough doesn’t stick.
5. Brush the tops of your biscuits with milk or melted butter before baking. This will give them a lovely golden color.
With these tips, you’ll be able to make perfect biscuits every time!
Other variations to make it more special!
This easy buttermilk biscuits recipe is so delicious, you’ll want to make them all the time! And with a few simple variations, you can make them even more special. Here are a few ideas:
For a cheesy twist: Add ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the dough.
To add a touch of sweetness: Add 2 tablespoons of honey to the dough, as well as a drizzle on top after baking.
For a savory spin: Add 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary or thyme to the dough.
To make a healthier version: Substitute whole wheat flour for some of the all-purpose flour.
For a fun take: Make mini biscuits and serve them with honey and butter for a delightful breakfast treat.
With so many possibilities, there’s no reason not to experiment with your buttermilk biscuit recipe and come up with your own unique variation. The only limit is your imagination!
Easy Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
If you want to try this Easy Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe, share your photo and experience with us. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #bestbakingtip and #buttermilkbiscuits
Easy Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
Let's gather the ingredients!
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter very cold, plus more for brushing
- 1 cup buttermilk cold
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Using a box grater, grate the butter over the flour mixture then quickly toss and rub the butter with your hands to incorporate.
- Make a well in the middle of the dough then pour the cold buttermilk in the center. Stir until just beginning to come together, then pour out onto a lightly floured work surface.
- Bring the dough together into a rectangle, about an inch thick. Fold the dough into thirds.
- Using a rolling pin, gently pat back into a 1-inch thick rectangle, and repeat the folding process two more times. Work fast so the butter does not melt.
- Once dough is folded three times, roll into a 1-inch thick rectangle again. Using a 2.5-inch round cookie cutter, quickly press down to cut the biscuits.
- Place the cut dough on the prepared baking sheet, about half an inch apart.
- Brush tops with melted butter, then bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and flaky.
- Serve warm, enjoy with family and friends!
Below are the must-read articles about baking. You will enjoy them reading as they are full of information and helpful tips. Read them and share your thoughts.
To Wrap It All Up
So, if you’re in the mood for some homemade biscuits, give this recipe a try! They may take a little more effort than opening up a can of pre-made biscuits, but they’re definitely worth it. And once you’ve got the hang of them, you can experiment with different flavors and variations. I’d love to hear about your favorite recipes in the comments below. Enjoy!
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried this Easy Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe, please don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. In addition, Take a 📷 and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. For more baking recipes make sure you subscribed to our weekly newsletter. 📧