Affiliate Statement and a Caveat
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
There’s nothing like the taste of pecan pie during the holidays. But sometimes, making a full pie can be a hassle. That’s why these pecan pie bars are the perfect solution – they’re just as delicious as a traditional pecan pie but much easier to make! Plus, you can customize them to your own taste by adding different spices or nuts. So give these bars a try this holiday season and you’ll be sure to impress your guests!
Pecan Pie Bars: The best of all worlds!
If you’re a fan of pecan pie, you’re going to love my recipe for pecan pie bars! They’re just like the classic dessert, but they’re easier to make and fun to eat. Plus, they’re even more delicious than traditional pecan pies. Make sure you give them a try!
For anyone with a sweet tooth, pecan pie bars are the perfect treat. They are easy to make and can be enjoyed by bakers of all skill levels. Best of all, they are packed with the rich flavor of pecans. The key to making perfect pecan pie bars is to use fresh, quality ingredients. Be sure to use unsalted butter and pecans that are chopped into uniform pieces. The recipe also calls for light brown sugar, which helps to add a touch of sweetness without making the bars too sweet. Once the ingredients are assembled, the bars can be baked in a preheated oven until they are golden brown. Let them cool completely before cutting into them, and enjoy!
Reasons why you’ll surely love these Pecan Pie Bars!
1. Good vitamin. Nuts are a great source of healthy fats, protein, and fiber. And while all nuts offer some nutritional benefits, pecans are especially good for you since they’re packed with vitamins and minerals like vitamin E, magnesium, and zinc. So not only do these Pecan Pie Bars taste great—they’re good for you too!
2. Adaptable to your liking. You can customize them to your own taste by adding spices like cinnamon or nutmeg.
3. Easy to make. The recipe is simple to follow and doesn’t require any complicated ingredients or tools.
4. Freezer-friendly. If you want to enjoy these pecan pie bars beyond one sitting (we don’t blame you), they freeze beautifully! Just wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or place them in a freezer-safe bag and enjoy them within 3 months.
Pecan Pie Bars: Ingredient Tips
These delicious bars are easier to make than pie, and they’re just as tasty. Here are a few tips to help you get the perfect results:
Use fresh, plump pecans for the best flavor. Toast them briefly in the oven before using them. Toasting the pecans before adding them to the recipe will give the bars an even nuttier flavor. Simply spread the chopped nuts on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool before using as directed in the recipe.
To ensure that your bars have a firm texture, use dark corn syrup rather than light corn syrup.
For a truly decadent treat, stir in a handful of chocolate chips or chopped candied fruit along with the pecans
With these tips in mind, you’ll be sure to bake up a batch of pecan pie bars that everyone will love.
Best Baking Tips; Make it vegan!
Fall is in the air, and that means it’s time for pecan pie! This classic dessert is usually made with butter and eggs, but it doesn’t have to be. Here’s a healthy, vegan alternative that will still satisfy your sweet tooth.
To make the crust, simply combine almond flour, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Then press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 9 baking dish.
For the filling, mix together pecans, brown sugar, cornstarch, and spices, Then spread the mixture over the crust. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes, or until the filling is bubbly. Let cool completely before cutting into 3-inch bars.
Enjoy your healthy vegan pecan pie bars! And don’t forget to share with your friends. After all, sharing is caring!
If you want to try these dreamy pecan pie bars, share your photo and experience with us, and let us know what you think in the comments below by using #bestbakingtips and #pecanpiebars
Pecan Pie Bars (Bar Cookies)
Pecan Pie Bars (bar cookies)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter cold
- 3 Eggs fresh
- 1 cup corn syrup *see notes for substitute
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ⅔ cups pecans coarsely chopped
Topping for the unbaked crust:
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon ground
- mix both together and set aside
Here's how to make the perfect pecan pie bars
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9x9 brownie pan with parchment paper.
- I also oil spray it since this is a sticky bar.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, ⅓ cup sugar, and salt.
- Rub in ⅔ cup cold butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press this mixture evenly into the prepared pan, and press in firmly.
- Make the filling by combining the ingredients evenly then pour over the prepared crust.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture, this is optional.
- Bake for 15 minutes or more until set in the center.
- Cool completely before slicing.
- Cut into 2-3 inch squares.
- For best results, use a plastic knife to cut the bars.
- These can also be dusted with powdered sugar or caramel drizzle for a garnish.
For More Baking Recipes
Do you need any additional recipes for baked goods that are suitable for any occasion? Well, the recipes below I will share for you are a great addition and treat for your potluck.
- Easy Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
- Irish Apple Cake
- Chocolate Pistachio Brownies
- Cream Cheese Raspberry Brownies
- Key Lime Cheesecake
To Wrap It All Up
These Pecan Pie Bars are the perfect combination of sweet and nutty flavors, making them irresistible! They’re also super easy to make, which is always a bonus when it comes to holiday baking. Whether you’re looking for an alternative to traditional pecan pie or simply want a delicious dessert that will impress your guests, these Pecan Pie Bars are sure to hit the spot!
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried these Pecan Pie Bars (bar cookies), don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. Take a ? and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. ?? For more baking recipes make sure you subscribed to our weekly newsletter. ?
16 Different Types of Cakes to Make at Home
Best Types of Thermometers for Baking