Affiliate Statement and a Caveat
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Perfect Apple Crumble
This Perfect Apple Crumble recipe is a family favorite! It has a soft, sweet apple filling with a dash of cinnamon (optional) and a crumble topping that is wonderfully crunchy but chewy. When you dig into this dessert, I guarantee the entire family will fall calm. Your family will urge you to cook it again and over again.
When this is baking, the aroma is simply divine. The apple, the cinnamon, and the buttery delicious delight.
And then there’s that moment when you break through the nubbly golden topping and see golden syrupy, delicate apples…
It’s just a smidgeon of paradise right there.
I enjoy apple pie, but I’m not a huge fan of creating the crust. Apple crumble is 10,000 times easier to make and tastes even better, in my view. A thick, buttery cinnamon pecan crumble wins out over a flaky crust every time. All of your baking questions will be answered below.
Is it Necessary to Peel the Apples?
Nope! The skin has no discernible effect on the taste or texture, thus it’s not worth the trouble. Plus, they’re quite attractive—especially if you use pink-hued apples.
What about Substitutes for Ingredients?
This perfect apple crumble recipe is so adaptable that you can make a pear or peach crumble just by switching out the fruit! Do you have a nut allergy? Replace the pecans with peanuts or shelled sunflower seeds, or leave them out entirely.
Try Our Perfect Apple Crumble Recipe:
Perfect Apple Crumble
- 6 oz butter melted
- 12 oz all-purpose flour
- 1-2 cups pecans chopped, plus more for serving
- 8 oz brown sugar lightly packed
- ⅓ tsp kosher salt
- 6-7 large apples cored and cut into wedges
- 4 oz sugar granulated
- 1 tbsp cinnamon ground
- 1/2 tsp ginger ground
- ½ lemon juice
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and butter a large baking dish.
- Combine flour, pecans, brown sugar, and salt in a medium mixing basin.
- Add melted butter and beat until the texture is gritty and sandy.
- Toos the sugar, apple, ginger, cinnamon, and lemon juice together in a baking dish.
- Then press the crumb mixture on top of the apples in a uniform layer.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until apples are bubbling and topping is golden.
- If using ice cream, serve warm.