Best Baking Tips is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Carrot cake is one of those classic desserts that everyone loves, but did you know there’s a healthier way to enjoy it? Enter my delicious raw vegan carrot cake! This raw take on this fan-favorite dessert uses all-natural ingredients and no ovens required—just some simple food prep. And the best part? It tastes as good, if not better, than traditional versions! Perfect for family get-togethers or just a treat for yourself, this recipe will leave your taste buds wanting more.
Raw Vegan Carrot Cake: In its healthiest form!
Raw vegan carrot cake is a great way to enjoy the flavor of your favorite dessert without the guilt. This delicious treat is made with natural, unprocessed ingredients, like carrots, dates, and walnuts, meaning you can indulge without any of the added sugar or preservatives. Choosing raw vegan carrot cake over traditional options allows you to enjoy an indulgent treat that not only tastes far better than store-bought cakes but is actually beneficial for your health and body as well. A wholesome snack that satisfies cravings while providing essential nutritional benefits – now that’s something worth celebrating!
Storing your raw vegan carrot cake in the fridge is a great way to keep it fresh and delicious for up to 5 days. To make sure your cake is properly stored, be sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap before placing it into the refrigerator. Additionally, you can store it in an airtight container to avoid any flavor contamination from other food items stored in the fridge. Be aware that direct contact with foods that are higher in fats or oils could ruin the delicate texture of your cake and diminish the flavor.
On top of maintaining freshness and flavor, storing your raw vegan carrot cake in the refrigerator also helps prevent potential bacterial growth due to its low-temperature environment. Following these simple steps will pay off by extending the shelf life of this tasty treat!
Raw Vegan Carrot Cake
If you want to try this Raw Vegan Carrot Cake Recipe, share your photo and experience with us. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #bestbakingtip and #rawvegancarrotcake
Raw Vegan Carrot Cake
Let's gather the ingredients!
- 2 cups walnuts
- 2 cups dates pitted
- 1 cup desiccated coconut unsweetened
- ½ lemon juice and zest
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 tsp ginger freshly grated
- ¼ tsp nutmeg ground
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 cups carrots finely grated
- 2 cups cashews raw and soaked in water
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a food processor, pulse the walnuts until finely ground but still have some texture.
- Add the dates, shredded coconut, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and spices, and process until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, then fold in the coconut flour and grated carrots using a rubber spatula.
- Divide the carrot cake mixture in half. Transfer the first half of the mixture to a lightly greased 6-inch/15-cm springform pan and press it into an even layer. The top of the cake should be smooth and leveled.
- Transfer the cake to the freezer and let it chill for a minimum of 10-15 minutes. Repeat with the other half of the cake mixture.
- In a high-speed blender, Add the cashews (drained), coconut cream, coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Then blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- With the carrot cake layer still in the springform pan, pour the first half of the frosting onto the cake and tap out any air bubbles.
- Transfer the springform pan with the cake back to the freezer to let the frosting firm up slightly, for about 30 minutes. Then place the second carrot cake layer on top of the frosting and gently press it into the frosting to make sure it's really on there.
- Pour the second half of the frosting on top of the cake and tap out any air bubbles once again.
- Double-wrap the entire springform pan with plastic wrap for the best chance of preserving the cake's taste and texture.
- Transfer the wrapped cake to the freezer for at least 6 hours, ideally overnight.
- Once set, remove the carrot cake from the springform pan. Serve the cake frozen or let it thaw at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy with family and friends!
Below are the must-read articles about baking. You will enjoy them reading as they are full of information and helpful tips. Read them and share your thoughts.
To Wrap It All Up
It is clear that when it comes to creating delicious, healthy raw vegan dishes, the possibilities are nearly endless. If you were inspired by this Raw Vegan Carrot Cake recipe, why not try out and make your own? You’ll be surprised just how delicious vegan cuisine can be! After making your own, leave a comment with your thoughts or tweaks you made to turn this dish into something of your own. With so many wonderful recipes available online and in cookbooks, the possibilities are truly endless. So go ahead and get creative in the kitchen with these amazing recipes — you won’t regret it! Enjoy!
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried this Raw Vegan Carrot Cake Recipe, please don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. In addition, Take a ? and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. For more baking recipes make sure you subscribed to our weekly newsletter. ?