Best Baking Tips is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Aren’t thumbprint cookies the best? The little bites of deliciousness that are just oozing with flavor? I love them! And I love strawberry peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, so why not combine the two into one amazing cookie? These Strawberry Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies are easy to make and they’re perfect for a party or a snack. You can even customize them to your liking by using different flavors of jelly or jam. So go ahead and give these cookies a try – I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Strawberry Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies: A Fun Way To Eat PB&J!
I have a confession to make: I am obsessed with peanut butter and jelly. As a kid, I remember PB&Js being my go-to lunch almost every day. These days, my love for this classic combo has translated into a new obsession: thumbprint cookies. If you’ve never had a thumbprint cookie before, they are basically shortbread cookies with a little indent in the center, which is then filled with jam. While there are many different variations of thumbprint cookies, my personal favorite is the strawberry peanut butter and jelly variety.
Thumbprint cookies are versatile, they’re relatively easy to make, and they’re delicious. Plus, they’re just plain fun to eat. But what if we told you that there’s a way to make thumbprint cookies even more fun? That’s right – by adding strawberry peanut butter and jelly filling! These Strawberry Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies are sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike. The best part is that they’re surprisingly easy to make. Simply start with your favorite shortbread cookie recipe, add a generous dollop of strawberry preserves to the center of each cookie, then top with chopped peanuts for added crunch. We guarantee that these cookies will be gone in no time!
Ingredient Tips and Substitutions
Adding fresh strawberries to classic peanut butter and jelly thumbprint cookies is a delicious way to bring a little something extra to this classic recipe. Not only do the berries add a pop of color, but they also lend a tart sweetness that complements the rich peanut butter perfectly. If you don’t have fresh strawberries on hand, feel free to substitute with another type of Berry – raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries would all be delicious. You can also use jam instead of jelly, or swap out the peanut butter for another type of nut butter. The possibilities are endless! So go ahead and play around with this recipe until you find your perfect combination.
Best Baking Tips; Let’s Make It Vegan!
The great thing about Strawberry Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies is that they are relatively easy to make healthier and vegan. For the shortbread base, all you need to do is substitute vegan butter for regular butter. You can also use coconut oil, which will give the cookies a delicious Coconut flavor. I also like using whole-wheat flour to give them a nutritious boost. For the peanut butter filling, I like to use crunchy peanut butter, but you can use whatever type you prefer. And for the jelly filling, any type of fruit jam will work. I usually go with strawberry or raspberry jam, but feel free to experiment with other flavors.
For more vegan recipes, visit the Vegan Globetrotter site as well as our Youtube Channel. On these accounts, We have everything from savory vegan dishes to sweet treats, all of which are perfect for any occasion. Plus, you will learn more tips with our must-read articles about veganism.
Strawberry Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies: PB&J All The Way!
Strawberry Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
Let's gather the ingredients!
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup peanut butter creamy
- 1 egg extra large
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup strawberry jam
To make the cookie dough:
- Firstly, Preheat the oven to 350°. Then, line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Use a stand mixer on medium until the butter is light and airy.
- Add the peanut butter and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until the batter starts to resemble cottage cheese.
- In a separate bowl, combine together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until the dough comes together but still looks lumpy. Remove the bowl from the stand mixer. With a plastic bench scraper, bring the dough completely together by hand.
To assemble the thumbprint cookie:
- Using an Ice cream scoop, scoop out cookie dough balls and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- With the tip of your thumb, make an indentation into the center of each cookie and slightly flatten the cookie. Spoon the jam into the center of each thumbprint.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Rotate the pan and continue to bake until the cookies begin to crack a bit on the top and are just set, another 6 minutes. Finally, remove the cookies from the oven and let cool.
Serve, and enjoy with family and friends!
Below are the must-read articles about baking. You will also enjoy them reading as they are full of information and helpful tips. Read them and share your thoughts.
To Wrap It All Up
These Strawberry Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies are the perfect way to show your loved ones how much you care. They’re also a great way to enjoy some of your favorite flavors together. What could be better than that? We hope you give these cookies a try soon!