Affiliate Statement and a Caveat
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
A galette is a French pastry that is similar to a pie, but without the dish. The pastry dough is rolled out into a circle and the fruit is placed in the center. The dough is then folded up around the fruit, creating a rustic tart. This vegan strawberry and cherry galette is made with a flaky Vegan pastry dough and is filled with fresh strawberries and cherries. It’s delicious, easy to make, and dairy-free! This Vegan galette is perfect for the holidays or any time you crave a fresh fruit tart.
Vegan Strawberry and Cherry Galette: a BERRY special treat!
Vegan Strawberry and cherry galette is an incredible vegan dish that is not only delicious, but also healthy. The galette is made with a special dough that is light and flaky, and it is filled with fresh strawberries and cherries. The fruit is then baked to perfection, creating a juicy and flavorful filling. This Vegan Strawberry and Cherry Galette is best served warm with a dollop of vegan whipped cream or ice cream. However, it is also delicious served at room temperature. Whether you are Vegan or not, this galette is sure to be a hit with everyone!
Best Baking Tips; Healthy Ingredient Tips!
Vegan strawberry and cherry galette is a delicious and healthy dessert made with fresh fruit, vegan pastry, and a few other simple ingredients. Here are a few tips to make sure your vegan galette is healthy and flavorful:
Choose fresh and ripe strawberries and cherries for the best flavor. If you can’t find fresh berries, frozen will work too. Just be sure to thaw them completely before using.
The vegan pastry dough should be made with whole wheat flour for added nutrition. You can find pre-made dough at most grocery stores, or you can make your own using this recipe.
The filling for the galette can be sweetened with sugar, honey, or agave nectar. If you want to cut back on sugar, try using unsweetened applesauce or mashed bananas instead.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to create a delicious and healthy vegan strawberry and cherry galette that everyone will enjoy!
Ingredient Health Benefits
Strawberries and cherries are two of the most popular fruits in the world. They’re also a great source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. And when they’re combined in a vegan strawberry and cherry galette, they make for a delicious and healthy dessert.
Strawberries and cherries are both excellent sources of Vitamin C. In fact, just one cup of strawberries provides more than 150% of your daily recommended intake of Vitamin C. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps to protect your cells from damage. It’s also been shown to boost immunity and help fight off infections. Strawberries are also a good source of fiber, which can help to regulate digestion and promote a healthy digestive system.
Cherries are another fruit that’s packed with nutrients. They’re an excellent source of Vitamin A, which is important for eye health. They also contain potassium, which is essential for maintaining proper fluid balance in the body. And like strawberries, cherries are also a good source of fiber. In addition, cherries contain anthocyanins, which are compounds that have powerful anti-inflammatory properties. That means eating cherries can help to reduce inflammation throughout the body.
So, if you’re looking for a healthy and delicious dessert option, Strawberry Cherry Galette is a great choice! It’s packed with nutrient-rich fruits and whole wheat flour, and it’s free of dairy and eggs. Plus, it’s sure to be a hit with everyone at your next party or gathering!
Vegan Strawberry and Cherry Galette: Healthy and Delicious!
If you want to try this delicious Vegan Strawberry and Cherry Galette, share your photo and experience with us, and let us know what you think in the comments below by using #bestbakingtips
Vegan Strawberry and Cherry Galette
Let's gather the ingredients!
For the Pastry
- 1¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp cardamom ground
- ⅓ cup coconut oil or vegan butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup vegan yogurt
- 1 tsp coconut milk to glaze
- 1 tsp maple syrup to glaze
For the Filling
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1½ tbsp cornstarch
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1½ cup strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1½ cup cherries fresh or frozen
- ½ tsp almond extract
- In a medium size bowl, place flour, sugar, salt and cardamom. Mix well.
- Add coconut oil and work it into the flour with a pastry cutter or your fingers.
- Add yogurt and lemon juice and mix it into the dough. Then, use your hands to gently bring the dough together, but do not knead. Rest the pastry in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash and stem your strawberries and cherries. Cut them in half or in quarters.
- In a medium size bowl, put in the strawberries, cherries, cornstarch, sugar and lemon zest. Gently mix together until well combined.
- Heat up your oven to 350°F with a pizza stone inside, if you have one. Otherwise, you could use a metal tray.
- Place a large piece of baking paper on the counter, sprinkle it with flour and place chilled pastry on top. Whack it with a rolling pin a few times to flatten.
- Gently roll the dough out into a rough circle, on a large piece of baking paper.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp of sugar and 1 tsp of cornstarch in the middle of the rolled pastry leaving a thick margin all around.
- Spoon the sliced strawberries and cherries on top of the sugar and squeeze lemon juice over them.
- Gently fold the excess pastry over the filling. Combine 1 tsp of coconut milk with maple syrup to create a glaze and brush the exposed pastry with it.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until the pastry has browned nicely and the filling is bubbly.
- Allow the galette to cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting. Serve with a light dusting of powdered sugar, and enjoy!
Below are the must-read articles about baking. You will enjoy them reading as they are full of information and helpful tips. Read them and share your thoughts.
To Wrap It All Up
The vegan strawberry and cherry galette is a delicious dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth. The recipe is easy to follow, and you can adjust the sweetness level to your liking. Be sure to try this recipe soon! Did you make this recipe? We want to hear from you! Leave a comment below and let us know how it turned out.
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried this vegan Strawberry and Cherry Galette , don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. Take a 📷 and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. 🤎🤎 For more baking recipes make sure you subscribed to our weekly newsletter. 📧