Affiliate Statement and a Caveat
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Cream Cheese – Raspberry Brownies
Sweet raspberry preserves and a gooey cream cheese filling take plain brownies from delicious to decadent. Who doesn’t love the classic combo of chocolate and raspberry? Add some sweetened cream cheese, and you have the perfect dressed-up brownies. For little, big kids, and family: Let them help measure, mix, and fill. For a bittersweet grown-up version, use raspberry jam or orange marmalade.
These are delicious and not boring brownies, but unique and different. These were easy to make. Follow the recipe exactly and you’ll have tasty, moist brownies.
Cream Cheese - Raspberry Brownies
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature, divided, plus more
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp all-purpose flour divided, plus more
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 3 large eggs divided
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar divided
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract divided
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tbsp raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Put chocolate and 4 tbsp butter in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of 2" simmering water
- Melt, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool slightly.
- Beat 2 eggs, whisk eggs into chocolate mixture.
- Add 3/4 cup sugar and beat until combined
- Add 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir well. Stir in 1 tsp vanilla.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- For the cream cheese layer: In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese and the remaining 2 tbsp butter until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp sugar, remaining egg, and jam and mix well. Stir in 1 tbsp flour and 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- Dollop mixture onto batter in pan. Use a butter knife to swirl the cream cheese mixture into brownies. Press fresh raspberries into the top.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs, 35-40 minutes (check after 30 minutes). Let cool completely before slicing and serving.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-34 minutes or until top begins to crack or toothpick comes out clean.
- The brownies will keep, wrapped individually, and stored in the refrigerator, for up to 4 days.