Best Baking Tips is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Inside Out Red Velvet Cookies
The Inside Out Red Velvet Cookies are cream cheese-filled cookies with a pleasant surprise center hidden within each bright red cookie. You can tell it’s going to be amazing when it’s sour, rich, sweet, and tasty! Even better, because these cookies are so simple and fast to prepare, and addictive. They’re perfectly flavored with just the right amount of cocoa, to give them that signature warm taste, and you can make them as frequently as you like during the year to surprise friends and family or party guests with them!
Using a cream cheese filling in red velvet cookies is similar to making a thumbprint cookie, but instead of sitting on the outside, it is baked into the center of the cookies, making them extra soft and moist. These cookies are so delicious and rich that a single serving might be enough to satisfy even the most discerning palate. It’s another story if you can’t stop yourself from eating them; they’re just too tasty to pass up. In particular, when it’s hot outside!
I adapted several tricks here, to guarantee the softest, chewiest cookies ever.
What are the contents of these cookies?
A three-ingredient cream cheese filling that tastes similar to cheesecake is put into these cookies. It’s just cream cheese, a little powdered sugar, and a bit of salt (make sure it’s at room temperature for easy mixing). Prepare your dough after you’ve made the mixture.
How To Make Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese
- Combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl. To chill the mixture, place the bowl in the fridge.
- In another bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, and egg until combined.
- Beat in the flour, baking powder, and red food coloring until everything is thoroughly blended. Finally, stir in the chocolate powder.
- Take 3 teaspoons of cookie dough and carefully shape and flatten it into discs about 3-4 inches in diameter.
- Scoop 2 teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture into the middle of the flattened dough and spread it out evenly. Then fold the dough’s sides up and over the cream cheese, enclosing it in the middle.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes in a 350°F oven with 6 cookie dough balls on a baking pan.
- Allow the cookies to cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tasty? Inside Out Red Velvet Cookies are ready to wow! Enjoy!
Inside Out Red Velvet Cookies
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp food coloring red gel
- Mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar then put in the fridge.
- In a large mixing basin, combine the butter, sugar, and egg. Mix in the flour, baking powder, red gel, and vanilla extract until well blended. Finally, stir in the cocoa.
- Scoop 2 tsp of the cheese mixture to the center of the cookie dough, then wrap the dough over and around the cream cheese, enclosing it within. Roll big 3 TBSP scoops of dough and flatten gently till about 3-4" in diameter.
- Place 6 equally spaced on a baking sheet. At 350°F, bake for 14-17 minutes. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes on the pan before transferring to a cooling rack.