Affiliate Statement and a Caveat
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Chocolate Muffins are a classic favorite, but when you add extra doses of chocolatey goodness, there’s nothing quite as comforting. Today, I’m going to share with you my recipe for Double Chocolate Chip Muffins that will surely satisfy any chocoholic! Filled with rich cocoa powder and semi-sweet chocolate chips, these luscious muffins have the perfect balance between intense dark chocolate flavor and sweet buttery goodness. With just a few simple steps, you’ll be on your way to baking up some delectable treats the whole family will love!
Double Chocolate Chip Muffins: Chocolate Heaven!
Double chocolate chip muffins are a decadent treat that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dessert. They are easy to make and require minimal ingredients. With the addition of semi-sweet chocolate chips and Dutch-processed cocoa powder, these muffins are packed with flavor. Not only do they taste great but they also look beautiful too! Whether you’re having guests over or just want to make something special for yourself, double chocolate chip muffins will always hit the spot.
Health Benefits of Chocolate
Chocolate is a treat loved by many and it can have some surprising health benefits. Here are some of the wonderful benefits:
Rich in Antioxidants
Dark chocolates are high in flavonoids, which are powerful antioxidants that help reduce cell damage, promote heart health, and protect against certain cancers.
Studies have shown that chocolates reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease by improving blood flow and lowering blood pressure.
Chocolates are rich in flavonols, which improve cognitive function and even help reduce the risk of dementia.
Eating dark chocolate has been linked to increased levels of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that improves mood and reduces stress levels.
With its delicious taste and range of health benefits, it’s no wonder why so many people enjoy indulging in this sweet treat!
Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
If you want to try this Double Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe, share your photo and experience with us. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #bestbakingtip and #doublechocolatechipmuffins
Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
Let’s gather the ingredients!
- 1⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ⅓ cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- ½ cup whole milk hot, boiling
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup sour cream plain
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour the cocoa powder into a separate heatproof bowl. Carefully pour the hot or boiling milk overtop and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the melted butter to the cocoa powder mixture and whisk. Then add the sour cream, eggs, and vanilla extract and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and use a spatula to gently fold together until about halfway combined. Add 1 ½ cups of chocolate chips and continue to fold the batter together until the chocolate chips are well distributed and the batter is just combined.
- Portion the batter into the muffin tin, filling ⅔ of the way full, then sprinkle the muffin tops with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in the center rack for 17-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist fudgy crumbs.
- Allow muffins to cool in their tin for 10-15 minutes before carefully removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy with family and friends!
Below are the must-read articles about baking. You will enjoy them reading as they are full of information and helpful tips. Read them and share your thoughts!
To Wrap It All Up
Overall, this Double Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe is a great way to impress your friends and family with a delicious and easy-to-make treat. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal effort, you can make a batch of these delectable muffins that are sure to be a hit! Whether you’re looking for an after-school snack or a sweet treat to share with friends, double chocolate chip muffins are the perfect way to satisfy any sweet tooth! After you give this recipe a try, let us know what you think in the comments below. We’d love to hear if you tweaked anything to make it extra special. Enjoy!
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried this Double Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe, please don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. In addition, Take a picture and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. For more baking recipes make sure you subscribed to our weekly newsletter!
Healthy Pita Bread Recipe – Delicious
Easy Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins