Best Baking Tips is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
What do you think of when you hear the words “carrot cake”? Do visions of a delicious, moist cake with shredded carrots and a cream cheese frosting come to mind? If so, then I have some great news for you! You can make that same amazing carrot cake in muffin form. These Carrot Cake Muffins are worth baking, and they will quickly become one of your favorite recipes in the fall season and on Thanksgiving day. They are perfectly moist and delicious, with just the right amount of sweetness. So go ahead and give these Carrot Cake Muffins a try – I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Carrot Cake Muffins: Worth To Bake
These carrot cake muffins are packed with nutrients and are a great way to start your day or enjoy them as a healthy snack. Also, carrots are an excellent source of Vitamin A, which is important for vision, skin health, and immunity. Carrots are also a good source of fiber, which can help to promote digestive health. This is why carrot cake muffins are worth baking and making. The best part is that they are easy to make, and everyone will love them.
Why You Will Love These Carrot Cake Muffins
Carrot cake is a classic for a reason – it’s moist, flavorful, and infinitely customizable. One of our favorite ways to enjoy carrot cake is in muffin form! These carrot cake muffins are everything you love about the classic cake but in a portable and individualized portion. Keep reading to find out why you will love these carrot cake muffins!
1. Packed with flavor. We added lemon juice, shredded carrots, chopped walnuts, and raisins to our muffins to give them complex flavors without being too sweet.
3. It has a cream cheese frosting that takes them over the top. The cream cheese frosting is optional, but I highly recommend it! Just be sure to let the muffins cool completely before adding the frosting so that it doesn’t melt.
4. Freezer-friendly. If you want to enjoy these carrot cake muffins beyond one sitting (we don’t blame you), they freeze beautifully! Just wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or place them in a freezer-safe bag and enjoy them within 3 months.
Why settle for a boring old cupcake when you can have a moist, flavorful, and perfectly portable carrot cake muffin? With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a batch of these crowd-pleasers in no time. So, gather the ingredients and be sure to try out this recipe.
Gather the ingredients and learn how to make them!
Well, making these carrot cake muffins are easy to make with just a few simple ingredients, and you can create a delicious and nutritious treat that will surely please any palate. These Carrot Cake Muffins are the perfect example of a baked good that is both healthy and tasty, and to make this you will need to gather the following below.
When making a batter, you will need, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ginger, brown sugar, granulated sugar, kosher salt, eggs, applesauce, carrots, yogurt, and walnuts. Just stir them to combine until everything is incorporated. To make the frosting, whisk the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, yogurt, and a little amount of water. Set them aside.
When everything is set; scoop the batter and transfer it into muffin tin this recipe makes 12 muffins. Bake them for 20 minutes and allow them to cool completely before topping them with cream cheese frosting.
Best of all, you can make these carrot cake muffins in advance as I always do in this recipe. Refrigerate for up to 3 days in airtight plastic wrap. To freeze the unfrosted carrot cake allow them to sit for up to 2 months.
Best baking tips; make it vegan!
As a vegan, I can still find this healthy as much as I can. I simply omit those dairy products by substituting them with plant-based ingredients. So if you are looking for a vegan recipe to stay on track with your health goals, look no further than these carrot cake muffins. Below is the vegan substitute for some of the ingredients and some are completely plant-based.
1. Cream cheese and yogurt: It’s either homemade or store-bought: when using store-bought look for a non-dairy or dairy-free.
2. Sugar: I highly suggest using raw sugar they re also a natural sweetener you can use in these carrot cake muffins.
3. Eggs: The best vegan substitute for this is flax seeds just stir them into water.
This vegan option I share with you is also a great option and addition to your vegan meal or if you want to eat something delicious and yet nutritious. Looking for more vegan recipes? Well, visit Vegan Globetrotter you will find tips, recipes, and, healthful articles about the vegan diet.
If you want to try these healthy carrot cake muffins, share your photo and experience with us, and let us know what you think in the comments below by using #bestbakingtips and #carrotcakemuffins.
Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
Carrot Cake Muffins
- 4 medium carrots grated
- 1 1/5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp yogurt see notes for vegan substitute
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon ground
- ¼ tsp ginger ground
- 8 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 4 oz. walnuts chopped, toasted
- 4 oz. applesauce unsweetened
- 12 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 oz. yogurt
- 3 oz. confectioners' sugar
- 3 tbsp sugar granulated
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease the muffin tin.
To make the batter:
- In a medium bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Set them aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the eggs then add the applesauce, yogurt, brown sugar, granulated sugar, grated carrots, and walnuts. Mix until combined.
- Combine the egg mixture and flour mixture until everything is incorporated.
- Scoop the batter then set it on the prepared muffin tin, and repeat to the remaining batter.
- Bake for at least 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow cool.
Cream cheese frosting:
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients of cream cheese frosting until smooth and creamy. Add a little amount of water, if needed.
- Over a cooled muffin, top and spread the prepared cream cheese frosting. Enjoy!
- Best of all, you can make these carrot cake muffins in advance, as I always do with this recipe. Use airtight plastic wrap for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. To freeze the unfrosted carrot cakes, allow them to sit for up to 2 months.
- Cream cheese and yogurt: It's either homemade or store-bought; when using store-bought, look for non-dairy or dairy-free.
- Sugar: I highly suggest using raw sugar. It's also a natural sweetener you can use in these carrot cake muffins.
- Eggs: The best vegan substitute for this is flax seeds; just stir them into water.
For More Baking Recipes
Do you need any additional recipes for baked goods that are suitable for any occasion? Well, the recipes below I will share for you are a great addition and treat for your potluck.
- Easy Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
- Irish Apple Cake
- Chocolate Pistachio Brownies
- Cream Cheese Raspberry Brownies
- Key Lime Cheesecake
To Wrap It All Up
These carrot cake muffins are definitely worth baking! They are easy to make and you can even make them vegan. Plus, they are healthy too! So what are you waiting for? Gather the ingredients and learn how to make them now. And don’t forget to check out our best baking tips; they will help you create the perfect Carrot Cake Muffins every time!
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried these carrot cake muffins, don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. Take a ? and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. ?? For more baking recipes make sure you subscribed to our weekly newsletter. ?