Affiliate Statement and a Caveat
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Well, it’s officially St. Patrick’s Day around Ireland. This Pistachio Bread is an easy Patty Day treat that doesn’t require a lot of time. Some call it simple bread, while others call it a cake. In any case, it’s delectable! It’s a bright green color that’s ideal for St. Patrick’s Day, a baby shower, or just having a great time! It’s a big hit with my kids. And the flavor is fantastic. It’s not a strong flavor, but rather a delicate, delectable one that even the pickiest eaters will like. This green pistachio bread is not only fantastic to bring to parties or to enjoy with your family, but it’s also great to give as a present. Here’s a terrific option for teacher or neighbor gifts if you’re out of ideas. Simply bake this bread in smaller loaves and you’ve got yourself a great gift.
This pistachio quick bread recipe is so simple to make that you’ll want to make it on a regular basis. It just takes 20 minutes to prepare and another 40 minutes to bake! So you’ve got yourself a great breakfast, snack, or dessert in under an hour! I never imagined myself creating green bread on a regular basis, but since discovering this pistachio bread recipe, I have not really stopped.
Obviously, we enjoy this loaf any time of year, but it’s extra festive around the holidays and on St. Patrick’s Day! Here are some suggestions for making it extra:
- To make the bread even greener, add a few drops of green food coloring to the batter. Even the Grinch would be pleased!
- If you want some extra crunch, add some crushed pistachios to the batter.
- This bread would be great as a present for friends and neighbors! Simply bake them in disposable foil pans, wrap them in plastic wrap once they’ve cooled, and tie a festive ribbon on top.
- Make mini-bread loaves, fill your pans no more than a third full, and check on them every 5 minutes after 25 minutes of cooking. Insert a toothpick into the bread and check to see if it comes out clean.
Is it possible to freeze pistachio bread?
Yes, your pistachio bread can almost probably be frozen. If you choose to freeze your bread, keep it in an airtight container and let it thaw overnight before serving.
Enjoy this easy-peasy festive bread!
Try This Pistachio Bread Recipe:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 4-5 eggs
- 2 oz vegetable oil
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 3 oz pistachio pudding mix instant
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 tsp green food coloring
- ½ tsp. cinnamon ground
- 1-2 tbsp sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar. Set them aside.
- Combine all of the other ingredients in a separate bowl and stir well.
- In a loaf pans, greased and floured.
- Add the cinnamon and sugar. The mixture should be sprinkled on top of the batter in each of the two loaf pans.
- Place the remaining batter on top and dust with the remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake them for 45 minutes.
- Allow time for cooling.