Best Baking Tips is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Whether you’re a pro baker or just getting into the kitchen, we can all agree that cheesecake is delicious. And this butter pecan cheesecake recipe is no exception. Packed with flavor and easy to follow, this is the perfect dessert for your next get-together. So let’s get baking!
Butter Pecan Cheesecake
Pecans and butter are one of the most loved combos. You will often see it in ice cream flavors, gelato, puddings, cakes, and cheesecakes. The nutty and earthy flavor of the pecan matches butter’s rich buttery taste perfectly. And when we say butter flavor, this is not the typical melted butter we usually see. Butter extract or butter flavorings do exist. You can find it in your baking stores in the flavoring and extract corner.
How To Make The Butter Pecan Cheesecake
Making this dessert is just like baking any regular cheesecake. You will need to start with your crust as your base. The crust can be bought ready to use, or you can easily make it from scratch using crushed graham crackers. If not available, you can use digestive biscuits instead. As for the cheesecake filling, the key ingredient will be the butter extract to enhance the rich and buttery flavor and, of course, the pecans to give the cheesecake a nutty and earthy taste.
Variations and Substitutions
Since we have already mentioned butter extract, you may wonder if you can replace it with real melted butter. So here’s the thing; butter extracts are flavor without fat. Replacing it with real butter will increase your recipe’s fat and oil. However, this will vary on where and what formula you will be using it for. But keep in mind that butter extracts are more concentrated; thus, you will only need a minimal amount. Using butter as a replacement will only partially enhance the buttery aroma and flavor you are aiming especially if you will have to use less. But vanilla extract will do the trick if you need something to substitute it.
Tips and Tricks For Making Butter Pecan Cheesecake
- You may easily substitute walnuts or macadamia nuts for the pecans. If you are allergic to nuts, you can remove them completely or replace them with cookie bits instead.
- It is crucial that your cream cheese is at room temperature rather than cold. It won’t be lumpy when you combine it, and it will mix better at room temperature. I prefer to simply leave my cream cheese out on the counter the night before I make the cheesecake, but you may microwave the blocks of cream cheese (totally unwrapped on a microwave-safe plate) for about 15-20 seconds to soften them.
Butter Pecan Cheesecake
- 1 cup graham crackers crushed
- 1/2 cup pecans finely chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 3 packages of cream cheese softened ((8oz each)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp butter flavoring
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten room temperature
- 1 cup pecans finely chopped
- Prepare the oven by preheating it to 325°F.
- Meanwhile, combine crushed graham crackers, melted butter, sugar, and pecans in a bowl. Mix it all until it becomes crumbly.
- After setting aside 1/3 cup as a topping, press all the remaining mixture onto your 9-inch springform pan. Make sure to grease the pan before using it.
- Once done, cover the bottom of the pan with thick foil and ensure that it is securely wrapped around the base.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and sugar until light and creamy. Add in the vanilla and butter flavoring together with the sour cream.
- Mixed in the lightly beaten eggs and, on low speed, continue to mix until just combined.
- Fold into the mixture all the chopped pecans.
- Fill the crust with the cream cheese mixture and top with the reserved crumb topping.
- To bake the cheesecake, place the secured spring form pan in a larger baking pan half-filled with hot water.
- Bake for 70-80 minutes or until the middle is almost set. Carefully take the springform pan out of the water bath.
- Cool for 10 minutes while placing it on a wire rack. To loosen the cheesecake, run a sharp knife along the edge of the pan the cool for another hour.
- Refrigerate overnight, covering with plastic wrap once totally cooled. Remove the pan's rim.
More Easy Dessert Recipe
Love healthy baking recipes? You could try these simple recipes at home to impress your loved ones. Perfect for after-meal treats, coffee, and tea parties with friends and family!
To Wrap It All Up
This dessert is perfect for butter pecan lovers. The cheesecake is smooth and creamy, while the pecans provide a crunchy contrast. If you’re looking for an impressive yet easy-to-make dessert, this Butter Pecan Cheesecake is the recipe for you. Definitely should be included in your recipe list!
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried this Butter Pecan Cheesecake, remember to leave a rating on the recipe card. Tag us on our social media accounts, subscribe to our weekly newsletter, and follow the Best Baking Tips and Vegan Globetrotter sites for more delicious ideas!