Affiliate Statement and a Caveat
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Love churros? Love cheesecake? Then you’re going to love these easy churro cheesecake bars! They’re super simple to make, and they taste absolutely amazing. Trust me; you’re going to want to try them for yourself!
Easy Churro Cheesecake Bars: 2 in 1 Dessert Treat
Churros and cheesecake are two of my all-time favorite desserts, both have that distinct appeal, but regardless they are both so easy and yummy as after-meal treats. My favorite way to eat churros is to dip them in cream cheese frosting to balance the sweetness and savory flavors. So imagine having it as a cheesecake bar; it sounds incredible, right?
These easy bars come together quickly and feature a crispy churro crust filled with a creamy cheesecake mixture and another layer of a crispy churro with cinnamon sugar on top. A perfect blend of two delicious desserts. It has a cinnamon sugar flavor, a buttery, flaky crust, and a sweet and tangy cream cheese filling.
This dessert is super tasty as it is. However, if you want to make it more special by adding extra bite and crunch, try adding some pecans, almonds, or walnuts. Also, for this recipe, we use store-bought crescent rolls for convenience. If you can’t find one in your area, you can make your version using the ratio below:
Crescent Roll Dough
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tbsp dry active yeast
- 11 Tbsp margarine or softened butter (2/3 cup)
All you have to do is to mix everything until you form a sticky dough. Let it rest for 30 minutes, then shape it according to your desired thickness and size. This recipe makes 2 (8 oz) tubes of crescent rolls.
Tips and Tricks
- Though using store-bought ingredients can save you a lot of prepping time, making it from scratch can be more beneficial to one’s health. Replace butter with margarine and unbleached flour with enriched flour to feed your family healthier ingredients. This recipe can also be much cheaper, especially if ingredients are already available in your pantry.
- The homemade crescent dough keeps well in the fridge and can be used within a week or frozen for later use. Remember that solidifying fats will harden once refrigerated, so plan appropriately and allow your dough to thaw on the counter before unrolling.
Easy Churro Cheesecake Bars
- 2 packs crescent rolls chilled
- 2 bars cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cinnamon
- First, preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Then prepare a 13x9" baking dish by spraying it with cooking baking spray. Then set it aside.
- Lay out one of your crescent rolls on the bottom of your baking dish.
- Ensuring that the roll is stretched as needed to fill the size of the baking dish. Then set it aside.
Making the filling:
- Using an electric mixer, mix and combine the cream cheese, white sugar, and vanilla in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Scoop the cheesecake mixture over the crescent rolls and spread it to the edges.
- Unroll the second crescent roll sheet and carefully place it on top of the cheesecake filling, thoroughly covering it.
- Meanwhile, microwave the butter until fully melted and pour it on top of the crescent layer.
- Dust the top with the sugar and cinnamon mixture until well combined.
- Bake the cheesecake bars for 30 minutes.
- Set it to the side to let it cool completely.
More Easy Dessert Recipe
Love healthy baking recipes? You could try these simple recipes at home to impress your loved ones. Perfect for after-meal treats, coffee, and tea parties with friends and family!
To Wrap It All Up
Next time you’re in the mood for cheesecake but don’t want to go through all the effort, try making these churro cheesecake bars instead. They’re just as creamy and delicious, with a bonus crispy cinnamon-sugar coating. And trust me, they’ll be gone before you know it. So what are you waiting for? Give them a try!
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried these Easy Churro Cheesecake Bars, remember to leave a rating on the recipe card. Tag us on our social media accounts, subscribe to our weekly newsletter, and follow the Best Baking Tips and Vegan Globetrotter sites for more delicious ideas!