Best Baking Tips is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Copycat Recipe for Chocolate Crunch Oatmeal Cookies
Everyone loves Chocolate Crunch Oatmeal Cookies. Who doesn’t, right? Well, Nestle Crunch bars offer a delicious combination of chocolate flavor with a bit of rice cereal crunch combined with chewy oatmeal goodness.
To make this, we suggest you first make your own homemade Crunch Bar Candy.
Our simple recipe uses just 2 ingredients. Yet it allows you to make these delicious chocolate crunch bars, a copycat of the Nestle Crunch Bar, and make it your way. In addition, I prefer the deeper flavor of dark chocolate, defined as more than 70% cocoa. But you might choose a milk chocolate version. I know some even prefer white chocolate. You choose!
Moreover, some additives to try when making these easy crunch bar candy bars:
Consider adding your favorites:
- First is, dried cherries
- Dried blueberries
- Dried cranberries
- Other dried fruit–get creative!
- Nuts (your choice of type) chopped small
- Tiny marshmallow bits
- What creative ideas do you have?
Our Crunch Bar Candy Recipe
Crunch Bar Candy
- 24 ounces chocolate chips dark or milk chocolate, your choice
- 1½ cups crispy rice cereal such as Rice Krispies or other brand
- Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with parchment paper. Or use a silicone mold pan. Apply a light coating of grease or spray.
- Add one half the chips to the top section of a double boiler. You may use a glass bowl over a pot of water, if you don't have a double boiler.
- Stir until they are all melted.
- Add half the remaining chips and continue stirring to melt them.
- Remove the bowl holding the melted chips. Set it on a potholder to maintain the heat.
- Add the remaining chips and stir vigorously until they are completely melted.
- Gently mix the rice cereal into the chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pan or silicone mold. Cover with a piece of parchment paper and carefully level. I find that using a flat-bottom pan works well for this.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- When firm, cut into desired size bars. In the 9x13 pan, you can make king-size bars by cutting in half widthwise, then cut twice lengthwise.
And now, use that candy to make these delicious Chocolate Crunch Oatmeal Cookies.
Chocolate Crunch Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar firmly packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 ½ cups Crunch Bar Candy see our recipe or use store-bought
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add flour mixture to the egg and sugar. Mix until well blended.
- Stir in the oats and Nestle Crunch candy; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Space the cookies apart slightly as they will spread as they bake.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Let cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; then move them to wire rack to cool completely.
Need more ideas for these cookies?
Check out the ideas for additives to the Crunch Bar Candy recipe above. In fact, if you didn’t add any to your candy, you might include one or more in your cookies. In addition, of course, you might make the cookie dough as it is, then add a slightly different additive to each cookie. How creative is that! Let me know if you tried Chocolate Crunch Oatmeal Cookies in your home.