Affiliate Statement and a Caveat
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Do you know what babka is? It’s a type of cake that is made from dough that is twisted into a loaf shape and then filled with chocolate or fruit. Babka is popular in Eastern Europe, but it’s starting to become more well-known in the United States. If you’ve never had babka before, I highly recommend giving it a try. It’s delicious! In this recipe, I’ll show you how to make Chocolate Hazelnut Babka. The filling contains hazelnuts and chocolate, which makes it extra tasty. Let’s get started!
Chocolate Hazelnut Babka: Deliciously Twisted!
Chocolate hazelnut babka – does it get any better? This delectably twisted treat combines two of the most beloved flavors into one rich, indulgent baked good. The chocolate hazelnut filling is smooth and creamy, while the flaky pastry dough provides the perfect contrast in texture. And, of course, the chocolate hazelnut babka is also adorned with a dusting of chocolate hazelnut spread – because why not? If you’re looking for a truly unique and delicious dessert, look no further than chocolate hazelnut babka. Your taste buds will thank you!
What’s inside these Chocolate Hazelnut Babka that makes them so good?
There’s something about these Chocolate Hazelnut Babka that just makes it irresistible. Perhaps it’s the Dark Chocolate, which provides a rich and intense flavor. Or maybe it’s the Toasted Hazelnuts, which add a touch of sweetness and nutty flavor. Whatever the reason, these Babka are simply delicious.
What really sets these Chocolate Hazelnut Babka apart is the Light brown sugar. This gives the Babka a beautiful caramelized flavor that is simply irresistible. So if you’re looking for a truly delicious treat, be sure to try Chocolate Hazelnut Babka. You won’t be disappointed!
Best Baking Tips; Ingredient Tips!
If you’re looking for a show-stopping dessert that is sure to impress, look no further than chocolate hazelnut babka. This rich and decadent treat is made with dark chocolate and toasted hazelnuts, and it’s perfect for any special occasion. Here are a few tips to help you make the perfect chocolate hazelnut babka:
Use high-quality dark chocolate. The better the quality of the chocolate, the better the flavor of the babka will be.
Toast the hazelnuts before adding them to the dough. This will give them a deep, nutty flavor that really shines through in the finished product.
Use light brown sugar in the filling. Dark brown sugar can make the filling too dense and heavy. Light brown sugar will result in a fluffy, airy filling that is absolutely delicious.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be sure to whip up a chocolate hazelnut babka that is truly outstanding.
Chocolate Hazelnut Babka
If you want to try this Chocolate Hazelnut Babka Recipe, share your photo and experience with us. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #bestbakingtip and #chocolatehazelnutbabka
Chocolate Hazelnut Babka
Let's gather the ingredients!
- 2 ¼ tsp active dry yeast
- ¾ cup whole milk lukewarm
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 eggs fresh
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter softened
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 2 cups hazelnuts roasted, skin removed
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 egg whisked
- 1 tbsp water
- In a small bowl, combine the yeast, milk, and 2 tbsp of sugar. Mix well, and leave to sit until foamy.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, and remaining 2 tbsp sugar. Mix briefly to combine.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and foamy yeast mixture to the bowl. Mix until the dough is starting to come together.
- Transfer the dough on a lightly floured worktable, then knead the dough until it is soft and smooth.
- Add the butter a little at a time, waiting until it is fully incorporated into the dough before adding the next piece.
- Once the butter is fully incorporated, continue kneading the dough until it is very soft and smooth.
- Transfer to an oiled bowl, then cover tightly with plastic wrap. Place in a warm spot until doubled in size.
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- In a food processor, pulse the hazelnuts briefly.
- Add the melted dark chocolate, sugar, and salt. Pulse to combine, then mix on high speed for at least five minutes.
- Transfer to a container and store at room temperature until ready to use.
- Lightly grease two loaf pans, and line them with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to a 16 x 25-inch rectangle.
- Spread the hazelnut spread over the surface of the dough, and sprinkle with the hazelnuts. Starting with the long side, roll it up into a tight spiral, then cut it in half so it is in two sausages. Place these pieces side by side on the lined baking sheet, cover them with plastic wrap, and chill for an hour.
- Remove the dough from the fridge. Using a sharp knife, cut the first piece in half, lengthwise, and then cross the pieces over each other, and then cross over two more times to form a twist.
- Place into the loaf pan, tucking the ends under slightly if needed. Repeat with the second half of the dough.
- Lightly cover the loaf pans in plastic wrap, and place them in a warm place to rise until the dough springs back lightly when pressed. While the loaves are proofing, preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Brush the loaves lightly with egg wash. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the loaves are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before slicing.
- Serve and enjoy with family and friends!
Below are the must-read articles about baking. You will enjoy them reading as they are full of information and helpful tips. Read them and share your thoughts.
To Wrap It All Up
If you’re looking for an excuse to try out a new recipe, or just want something delicious and indulgent to enjoy this weekend, chocolate hazelnut babka is the perfect treat. This bread is incredibly flavorful and easy to make, so don’t be afraid to give it a try. Trust us, you won’t regret it!
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried this Chocolate Hazelnut Babka Recipe, please don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. In addition, Take a 📷 and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. For more baking recipes make sure you subscribed to our weekly newsletter. 📧