Best Baking Tips is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
This delicious buttery traditional Irish Shortbread is rolled. It’s simply the best-tasting cookie you’ll ever have, yet it’s made with only four basic ingredients. This must be a lucky day for you! Only one bowl and no mixer are needed to make this crisp, buttery, melt-in-your-mouth shortbread. They come together rapidly and vanish even faster, so make a lot of them. These are kid-friendly. Your family and friends will love this. This recipe will blow you away! They are perfect for St. Patrick’s Day. You can make any shape you want, using a cookie cutter.
When you eat this Irish Shortbread. You just said that you will make another batch of this shortbread. Yeah! Sounds crazy! But that is the truth! You can’t resist as I felt too. But before that, what is shortbread? Well, shortbread is the simplest of all sweet confections, with an ingredient list that is almost absurdly short – butter, sugar, and flour. Been wondering? What are you waiting for? Come on and Let’s go to the kitchen!
As we approach St. Patrick’s Day, I’d like to share this recipe Irish Shortbread with you.
Try Our Irish Shortbread Recipe:
- 1-2 cups butter softened
- 16 tbsp sugar granulated
- 2-3 cups all-purpose flour
- tsp salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugar and butter till creamy.
- Add the salt and flour gradually at a low speed until the dough turns to a ball.
- Place the dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet, or cut it using a cookie cutter if you're baking in blocks.
- Heat for 15 minutes in a preheated oven, or until doneness or color is achieved.
- Allow cooling completely before breaking the blocks into pieces (if desired).