Affiliate Statement and a Caveat
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
This Pistachio Cupcakes recipe is ideal for green holidays, pastel holidays, and any time you crave a pistachio cupcake. Which could be any day of the year around here. They were moist, and the cream cheese icing added a nice touch. You can use green food coloring to make the icing. They were a fantastic St. Patrick’s Day treat. These cupcakes are more delicious than they appear. And I’m not joking. Pistachio-flavored, oh-so-fluffy-yet-moist, supremely tender nutty cupcakes are the best dessert on the planet. St. Patrick would undoubtedly give his blessing to this recipe.
I enjoy surprising my kids with cute St. Patrick’s Day snacks like these pistachio pudding cupcakes when they arrive home from school. They’re also enjoyable to share with friends and neighbors! Using pistachio pudding mix in the batter is the secret ingredient. It gives the cake a tint of green, but if you want a more vibrant color, add a few drops of green food coloring.
Let’s take a look at what makes them the best.
Ingredients for Frosting
- 6 oz of Butter
- 4 tsp heavy cream
- 2 tsp natural pistachio flavor
- 1 oz of powdered sugar
- 1-2 oz unsalted pistachios (finely chopped)
How To Make Frosting
- To make the pistachio buttercream frosting, whip the butter in the bowl of an electric stand mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Combine heavy cream, pistachio flavor, and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Whip until the mixture is pale and fluffy.
Pistachio Cupcakes Recipe:
- 1-2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 oz sugar
- 3 oz pistachio pudding mix instant
- 2-3 tsp baking powder
- salt to taste
- 3-4 eggs
- 1 ⅓ cups milk
- 4 oz vegetable oil
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz chocolate chips miniature semisweet
- 8 oz cream cheese frosting
- sprinkles green
- 1 cup pistachio natural, finely chopped
- Mix the sugar, flour, baking powder, pudding mixture, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat the eggs into the milk, oil, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Pistachio should be folded in.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter in foil or paper-lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375°F, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow cooling in pans for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. As desired, frost and decorate.