Best Baking Tips is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Pistachio Oat Squares
I am excited to share this recipe with you. These Pistachio Oat Squares are delicious! They’re not quite sweet enough for dessert, but not really sweet enough for breakfast. This recipe is from the cookbook of Jessica Murnane. She is a food blogger and podcaster. This dish only requires five ingredients and is quite simple to prepare; if you’re yearning for a gently sweet, nutty, oaty snack, head to your kitchen right now!
These are ideal for St. Patrick’s Day since they look so gorgeous with pistachios. This recipe has a green tint thanks to the pistachios. They are kid-friendly. I am sure that all of your family will love these healthy and delicious oats. Some of us didn’t know what pistachios are and what benefits pistachios could bring to our bodies.
What is Pistachio?
Pistachios are the seeds. They are typically green in color and have a moderate flavor. Pistachios are low in cholesterol and high in vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B6, copper, manganese, and phosphorus.
Pistachio Health Benefits
Pistachios may be beneficial to your health in the following ways:
- Unsaturated fatty acids and potassium are plentiful. Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects are found in both.
- They may reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Pistachios are abundant in minerals, unsaturated fat, and minerals, which can all allows you to keep normal your blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels in check.
Healthy right? If I were I will make this recipe right away! Below are the instructions and ingredients you will need.
Pistachio Oat Squares Recipe:
Pistachio Oat Bars
- Food Processor
- Parchment Paper
- 8-inch Square Baking Pan
- 10 oz pistachios shelled
- 1-2 cups oats rolled
- salt to taste
- 2 oz honey
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line square pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the pistachios, oats, and salt in a food processor for about 30 secs, or until a meal forms.
- Add the honey and coconut oil and mix well. As the meal comes together to form a crumbly dough, keep processing.
- Cover the dough with the remaining pistachios and press it into the pan. Bake for 10 mins, or until the dough is fully cooked.
- Allow cooling after removing from the oven.
- Remove the chilled dough from the pan with care. If desired, cut into squares and drizzle with extra honey.
- For up to a week, store the squares in an airtight container.