Affiliate Statement and a Caveat
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Red Velvet Cheesecake Bites
Silky smooth, rich and creamy Red Velvet Cheesecake Bites with whipped cream and white chocolate shavings. These decadent beauties are super elegant and impressive, yet crazy easy to make. These are creamy and nothing but velvety! With their festive color and decadent taste, they make for a great dessert for any occasion, especially on Valentine’s day.
Since it comes in individual portions, you don’t have to share your dessert. They can be arranged on a dessert tray and everyone can help themselves. This spares you the effort of serving them one by one. Enjoy your party hassle-free.
Did I mention that this recipe is easy and the perfect sweet tooth tamer? No need to order from a pastry shop, you can make them on your own. Below I listed some important recipe tips for Red Velvet Cheesecake Bites
- Before serving, you can decorate the top with some white chocolate, too.
- For the filling, you can use mini chocolate chips and white chocolate shavings.
- When dealing with cream cheese, make sure that it is at room temperature for you to whisk it lump-free
Helpful right? These tips can make you help in the kitchen like a pro!
These recipe variation tips can make your Red Velvet Cheesecake looks elegant and taste delicious.
- Use a different cake mix to change the flavor: Chocolate, Yellow Cake, Funfetti Cake, or even Carrot Cake are great choices.
- Replace the vanilla with lemon juice, add some lemon zest, coconut and use a Lemon Cake mix for a Lemon Coconut version.
- Add some cocoa powder to the filling and roll these into Chocolate Cake Crumbs for a Double Chocolate version.
- Add Oreo crumbs to the filling and roll the bites into more Oreo crumbs for an Oreo-loaded version.
Red Velvet Cheesecake Bites
- 1 box red velvet cake mix plus ingredients called for on the box
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare and cook red velvet cake per box directions.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Scoop a cream cheese mixture into balls and place it into the prepared baking sheet. Transfer to the freezer to chill for 1 hour, or until easy to handle.
- Remove the cake from the oven, let it fully cool. Cut in half, place one half into a large bowl, and use the other half to snack on or save for later.
- Turn into crumbs the cake half that you placed in the bowl.
- Once chilled, roll balls in red velvet cake crumbs until fully coated, then return to the prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until ready to serve.
If you are in search of great desserts, we have a great lineup of recipes!