Best Baking Tips is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Are you looking for an easy and delicious vegan dessert that satisfies a sweet tooth? We’ve got the perfect recipe for you: vegan cherry bakewell tarts! Using simple ingredients and just a few steps, these tasty treats made without any animal products are sure to be a hit with everyone. The classic British favorite is scrumptious enough to enjoy as an indulgent treat but also makes the perfect addition to afternoon tea. Let’s get baking!
Vegan Cherry Bakewell Tarts: Gotta Love the Cherry Gems!
Are you looking for a delicious and indulgent vegan treat? If so, these vegan cherry bakewell tarts are the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth! With a shortbread-type pastry, an almond frangipane filling, and juicy tart cherries on top – these scrumptious tarts have just the right amount of sweetness with an irresistible crunch. They’re easy to make at home using simple ingredients most people already have in their pantry – plus they’re sure to impress any guests who try them!
Best Baking Tips; Pro Tips!
When it comes to making Vegan Cherry Bakewell Tarts, there are a few pro tips to keep in mind to ensure that your tarts turn out perfectly every time.
Choose your ingredients wisely
When making vegan baked goods, it’s important to choose high-quality ingredients that will provide the best flavor and texture. Opt for vegan butter and vegan cream cheese that are made from coconut oil or cashews, as these will provide a rich and creamy texture. Additionally, use fresh cherries instead of canned ones to add depth of flavor and natural sweetness.
Perfect the pastry
The key to a great vegan tart is the pastry. Be sure to keep the pastry dough cold at all times, as this will keep the vegan butter from melting and the pastry from becoming tough. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes before rolling it out, and use a floured surface to prevent sticking. Also, always use a sharp knife to make clean cuts in the dough before baking.
Make the filling flavorful
To make the filling of your Vegan Cherry Bakewell Tarts truly outstanding, be sure to use almond extract, which will provide a rich and nutty flavor that complements the tart cherries perfectly. Additionally, consider adding a touch of cinnamon or cardamom to your filling for an added layer of complexity.
Top it off with a great glaze
A good glaze will add an extra layer of flavor and make your tarts look beautiful. While there are many vegan glazes out there, we recommend making a simple glaze with powdered sugar, almond extract, and a touch of vanilla. Drizzle it over your tarts before serving for a beautiful finishing touch.
Making vegan tarts can take time, but it’s important to be patient and take your time throughout the process. Be prepared to chill your dough, let it rise, and wait for your tarts to cool before glazing. Trust us, the wait will be worth it!
Vegan Cherry Bakewell Tarts
If you want to try this Vegan Cherry Bakewell Tarts Recipe, share your photo and experience with us. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #bestbakingtip and #vegancherrybakewelltarts
Vegan Cherry Bakewell Tarts
Let's gather the ingredients!
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- ⅔ cup vegan butter cold and diced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water ice cold
- 3½ ounces ground almonds
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- 3½ tbs vegan butter melted
- 3½ tbsp almond milk
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 12 tsp cherry jam or strawberry jam
- 1⅔ cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1 drop almond extract
- 6 glacé cherries halved
- Place the flour, icing sugar, and salt in a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Add the cold diced vegan butter and blend with the food processor until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs and no lumps of fat remain.
- Add the cold water and lemon juice and mix; drizzle in more cold water as needed to bring the pastry together into a ball.
- Cover the pastry and pop it in the fridge for half an hour until it has firmed up a bit.
- Once the pastry has chilled, roll it out thinly on a floured surface. Use a 10-11cm cutter to cut out rounds.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tray with strips of baking parchment.
- Gently press the pastry rounds into the prepared tin.
- Re-roll the pastry scraps and cut out more rounds as needed until you have filled all 12 cavities.
- Place the muffin tray in the freezer for 15 minutes while you preheat the oven to 375°F and prepare the filling.
- Whisk together the ground almonds, flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the almond milk, melted vegan butter, and almond extract and whisk until smooth.
- Place a teaspoon of jam in the bottom of each of the pastry cases. Divide the almond cream evenly between the cases and spread it level, making sure that the jam is fully covered.
- Bake the tarts for 25 minutes until golden.
- Lift the tarts out of the tin using the strips of baking parchment and place them on a wire rack to cool.
- Once the tarts are cool make the icing. Place the sifted icing sugar in a bowl and add a drop of almond extract. Stir in a little cold water, a drop at a time, until you have a very stiff but spreadable icing.
- Spread a generous spoonful of the icing over the top of each tart and place half a glacé cherry on each. Allow the icing to set before serving.
- Serve and enjoy with family and friends!
Below are the must-read articles about baking. You will enjoy them reading as they are full of information and helpful tips. Read them and share your thoughts!
Vegan Cherry Bakewell Tarts are the perfect way to satisfy any sweet-tooth craving. These tarts combine the classic flavors of almonds and cherries in a delicious vegan pastry treat that all will enjoy! As a bonus, you can also make the pastry shells vegan-friendly with just a few simple substitutions. With their easy preparation and relatively short wait time, these tarts could be ready for your next gathering before you know it! Give this recipe a try and you won’t be disappointed. You may even find yourself making it again and again! Let us know what you think of our Vegan Cherry Bakewell Tarts – let us know in the comments below!
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried this Vegan Cherry Bakewell Tarts Recipe, please don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. In addition, Take a picture and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter,Instagram, and Pinterest. For more baking recipes make sure you subscribed to our weekly newsletter!