Affiliate Statement and a Caveat
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
There’s something about the flavor of apples that just screams “strudel!” This fall favorite is easy to make and is always a hit with family and friends. Plus, it’s perfect for any occasion—a tasty treat for a holiday party or a simple dessert after a big Thanksgiving meal. So gather your ingredients and get ready to bake up some deliciousness!
Flaky Apple Strudel: A Perfect German Dessert!
German apple strudel is a classic dessert that is perfect for fall. The flaky pastry crust is filled with a sweet filling of apples, raisins, cinnamon, and sugar. While the strudel is traditionally served with a dollop of whipped cream, it can also be enjoyed on its own. German apple strudel is best made with a Granny Smith apple, as the tartness of the fruit pairs well with the sweet filling. However, any type of apple can be used. For a truly authentic German strudel, try using a recipe that calls for German pastry flour. This special type of flour gives the strudel a light and flaky texture that is impossible to resist. German apple strudel is the perfect dessert for any occasion. Whether you are hosting a dinner party or simply looking for an indulgent treat, this delicious pastry is sure to please.
Best Baking Tip; Ingredient Tips!
When it comes to making a perfect flaky Apple Strudel, the key is in the ingredients. Here are some tips to make the perfect apple strudel:
The dough is the most important ingredient in any strudel, and there are a few key tips to keep in mind when making it from scratch. First, be sure to use high-quality flour for the dough. Second, the dough should be very thin, so don’t be afraid to roll it out until it’s almost see-through. Third, the dough should be well-rested before it’s used, so be sure to give it at least 30 minutes to chill in the fridge. Once the dough is ready, it’s time to start assembling the strudel.
Granny smith apples are the best type of apple to use for this recipe, but you can really use any type that you like. Just be sure to slice them thinly so they’ll cook evenly.
In addition to apples, raisins and cinnamon are essential ingredients in apple strudel. The raisins add a touch of sweetness and the cinnamon gives the strudel an unmistakable flavor. When everything is assembled, simply roll up the dough and bake until golden brown.
With these tips in mind, you should be well on your way to making the perfect flaky apple strudel at home!
Flaky Apple Strudel: Apple-y Goodness!
If you want to try this Flaky Apple Strudel, share your photo and experience with us, and let us know what you think in the comments below by using #bestbakingtips, #applestrudel, and #flakyapplestrudel
Flaky Apple Strudel
Let’s gather the ingredients!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Egg fresh
- ⅓ cup Water
- 800 grams Apples granny smith
- ¼ cup raisins optional, soaked in apple juice or rum
- ½ lemon juice
- ½ tsp cinnamon ground
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs
- 4 Tbsp butter to fry bread crumbs
- 4 Tbsp butter or oil to brush onto the strudel
- confectioners sugar optional
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, salt, oil, egg, and water. Mix until well incorporated.
- Knead for at least 5 minutes to give the dough enough elasticity.
- Put a little bit of oil into a smaller bowl, turn the dough in the oil to cover it, then put into the fridge to rest at least 30 minutes.
- Peel and core apples, then cut into small pieces.
- Squeeze the lemon and pour the juice into a bowl with the apple pieces, then add the sugar and cinnamon to the apples and stir well, then set aside.
- In a pan, melt the butter then toast the breadcrumbs a little bit. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Let's prepare rolling out the dough. Lightly dust work table with flour, then roll out the dough as thinly as possible. Once the dough is very thin, melt some more butter and brush it onto the entire dough.
- Add the roasted bread crumbs and spread them evenly onto the dough, leaving some space to the edges.
- Add apple slices, spreading evenly on the dough.
- Remove raisins from apple juice or rum, squeeze them a little, then place them evenly between the apple pieces.
- Flip the sides of the dough inwards, starting from one end, lift the dough to slowly roll the strudel towards the other end.
- Place the strudel seam down on a baking sheet and brush with some melted butter.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 – 25 minutes.
- Fust with a thin layer of sprinkled confectioners sugar.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and enjoy with family and friends!
Below are the must-read articles about other desserts. You will enjoy them reading as they are full of information and helpful tips. Read them and share your thoughts.
2. Almond Cantucci (Biscotti di Prato)
3. Blueberry Lemon Cream Tarts
4. Bread Rolls with Sweetened Coconut Filling (Pan de Coco)
To Wrap It All Up
So, what are you waiting for? Try this delicious French Apple Tart recipe today! It’s simple to follow and the end result is definitely worth it. And if you have any questions or comments about the recipe, be sure to let us know in the comments section below. We always love hearing from our readers. Enjoy!
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried this Flaky Apple Strudel recipe, please don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. Take a ? and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. ?? For more baking recipes make sure you subscribed to our weekly newsletter. ? besides, moreover, whereas, also, too
Classic Double Pie Crust Recipe
Apple Pie Dessert Pizza Recipe
Peach Cobbler Dessert Recipes – Brunch, too!