Best Baking Tips is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Oh-so-festive Fruity Pebbles Donuts
Fruity Pebbles donuts are a fun, colorful way to enjoy one of America’s favorite breakfast cereals. This recipe is easy to follow and produces delicious results. The cereal gives the donuts a sweet, crunchy texture that pairs perfectly with the creamy icing. These would be perfect for a special occasion or just because you’re feeling nostalgic! Enjoy!
Who loves donuts?
I know I do!
And while I typically stick to plain old glazed or chocolate ones, sometimes it’s fun to switch things up. That’s why I decided to try out this recipe for fruity pebbles donut holes. They’re a delicious and festive way to change up your typical breakfast routine. Plus, they’re really easy to make – you just need a few ingredients and about 30 minutes of your time. So if you’re looking for a new and exciting dessert idea, be sure to give these fruity pebbles donuts a try since they are all worth it to make!
Fruity Pebbles Donuts are worth it to make!
These fruity pebbles donuts are surely worth it to make here’s why:
- Basic ingredients: These donuts require easy-to-find ingredients.
- Fun to make: Aside from being festive they are kid-friendly.
- Foolproof: Nothing will compare to a cake mix donuts being used in this donuts recipe.
- Baked donuts: A healthy way option rather than deep frying or frying.
Easy-to-find ingredients and their substitution
In this recipe, the ingredients present are easy to find as they are available in your pantry and affordable if you need to buy them at the market. Below are the following ingredients.
1. White Cake Mix: Feel free to use any flavor of cake mix. But if you want to make this gluten-free use gluten-free cake mix.
2. Fruity Pebbles Cereals: Don’t skip this recipe as they are the main ingredients and these are mostly available in the store.
3. Egg: Use fresh from the farm or frozen.
4. Vegetable Oil: If you don’t have one alternatively use canola oil. Note that vegetable oil is commonly used for cake batters.
5. Powdered Sugar: For the creaminess and smoothness.
6. Unsalted batter: It gives more richness in flavor.
7. Whole Milk: It uses for the batter and donut glaze and you may substitute almond milk.
- For the white cake mix: Please take note that the oil and egg amounts specified on the packaging may differ. Use this recipe’s ingredients and measurements rather than the ones on the box to make these fruity pebble donuts. Same as in the eggs.
Preheat your oven!
They are easy to make just ready your must-haves ingredients, preheat your oven, and get your donut pans and piping bag. Below are the easy-to-follow instructions. Happy baking!
For The Donut Dough:
1. Preheat your oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, whole milk, vegetable, and egg.
3. Using a spatula, mix the batter into the mixture till smooth.
4. Add the fruity pebbles cereal to the cake batter. Mix well until fully coated.
5. Spray both donut pans with cooking spray.
6. Make a little tip-off in a piping bag, then pipe the donut batter into donut pans.
7. Bake the donuts for at least 10-12 minutes or till the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
8. Allow the donuts completely cool after transferring into the wire rack.
For The Fruity Pebbles Glaze
1. In a large bowl, add the remaining pebble cereal.
2. In a separate bowl, add the powdered sugar, melted butter, and milk. Mix well.
3. Dip the donuts into the powdered sugar mixture.
4. Coat with Pebbles cereal by dipping the glazed donut into the cereal, and then repeat!
5. Serve immediately!
- They can be stored in a refrigerator for at least 2-3 days.
Play around with cake mix donuts!
Cake mix donuts can be made in a variety of ways, and the recipe itself is adjustable. The ideas and combinations are listed below.
- Birthday cake mix donuts to the traditional sprinkles.
- Chocolate cake mix pairs well with cocoa pebbles cereal.
- Apple spiced cake mix into applejack cereal.
- Mini chocolate cake mix donuts in a mint Oreos.
Fruity Pebbles Donuts: FAQs
The following are the frequently asked questions about this recipe and if you have any questions feel free to comment below. ?
1. What is the difference between cake batter and donut batter?
- Well, the cake batter or cake mix used baking soda or baking powder to rise the flour while the donut batter used yeast.
2. What’s causing my donuts to stick to the donut pans?
- To avoid sticking, spray both donut pans with cooking spray.
3. Can I make a mini donut out of cake mix?
- Yes, you can make it! Bake them for at least 10-12 minutes at 350°F.
These fruity pebble donuts are looks expensive but they are affordable and delicious. Below is the easy-to-follow recipe card. If you make this don’t forget to hit a star and share your experience with the best baking tips team.
So many fruity flavors just in one hole!
Festive Fruity Pebbles Donuts
- 2 donut pans
- 1 Ziploc Bag or Piping Bag
For Donut Batter:
- 2 cups white cake mix
- 1-2 cups fruity pebbles cereal
- 1 large egg
- 3 oz. vegetable oil or canola oil
- 6 oz. whole milk or almond milk
For The Fruity Pebbles Frosting:
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 oz. whole milk or almond milk
- 1-2 tbsp butter unsalted and melted
- 1 1/3 cups fruity pebbles cereal
For The Donut Batter:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, whole milk, vegetable, and egg.
- Using a spatula, mix the batter into the mixture till smooth.
- Add the fruity pebbles cereal to the cake batter. Mix well until fully coated.
- Spray both donut pans with cooking spray.
- Make a little tip-off in a piping bag, then pipe the donut batter into donut pans.
- Bake the donuts for at least 10-12 minutes or till the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- After transferring the donuts to the wire rack, allow them to cool completely.
For The Fruity Pebbles Glaze:
- In a large bowl, add the remaining pebble cereal.
- In a separate bowl, add the powdered sugar, melted butter, and milk. Mix well.
- Dip the donuts into the powdered sugar mixture.
- Coat with Pebbles cereal by dipping the glazed donut into the cereal, and then repeat!
- Serve right away.
Below are the must-read articles, they are so helpful and informative blog posts for all bakers, non-bakers, and beginners. Happy reading!
- Best Type of Cinnamon for Baking
- Best Gifts for Bakers 2021
- What are the Pros and Cons of Silicone Bakeware?
To Wrap It All Up
If you’re looking for a fun, festive donut recipe that is easy to make and doesn’t require any hard-to-find ingredients, then this Fruity Pebbles Cake Donut Recipe is perfect for you! All of the flavors in these donuts are easily achievable by simply playing around with your favorite cake donut mix. So get creative and have some fun in the kitchen – your taste buds will thank you!
Connect With Us!
If you’ve tried this festive fruity pebbles donuts recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. Take a photo and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. ❤️❤️❤️