Best Baking Tips is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
I don’t know about you, but I’m a sucker for anything lemon-flavored. And add raspberry to the mix? Even better! These lemon raspberry cookie bars are the perfect sweet treat – they’re tart and zesty, with just the right amount of sweetness. Plus, they’re super easy to make. So if you’re looking for a delicious dessert that won’t take all day to prepare, these are a perfect choice.
Lemon Raspberry Cookie Bars
Lemons and raspberry. Just the thought of it makes me imagine how tangy and fruity this dessert can be. The distinct character of each fruit gives this dessert a perfect harmony of flavors. Packed with sweet, tangy, zesty characters–this dessert bar is nothing but goodness in one bite. If you are looking for a new twist to serve dessert or want to make something out of your fresh raspberries, then maybe this is the sign to grab those aprons and start baking.
Different Layers of Flavors
Before we go deep about the recipe, I know it would be better for you to understand first, what’s inside these desserts, and what’s under every layer of flavor that makes them super good.
Crust– this layer is made with crushed shortbread cookies that you can buy in the groceries. Added with some butter to hold its shape, this will be the base of your dessert bar. If you can’t find shortbread cookies in your area, you can replace them with crushed graham crackers or digestive biscuits.
Cream Filling– this layer makes this dessert sweet, creamy, and moist. It combines sweetened condensed milk, shredded coconut, white chocolate chips, and macadamia nuts. If you think this may sound like too much sugar, go ahead and remove the white chocolate chips. You can also replace sweetened shredded coconuts with desiccated coconut if you want it less sweet. And don’t forget the fresh, zesty vibe coming from the lemon zest.
Toppings- this is the part where you can experiment and create your own topping. As for me, I opted for the simplest yet delicious choice. Topped with raspberry jam, sliced almonds, and lemon zest, this is the part where each blends well together. You have the option to dust it with powdered sugar on top or drizzle it with melted white chocolate glaze. It’s really up to you.
I know you would probably argue with this one; this dessert, of course, is not as healthy as it would when you will eat only fruits. Lemons and raspberries can be a good source of vitamin c and other nutrients, but keep in mind, as a dessert, it is also packed with tons of sugar. So eating in moderation is still the key to keeping its balance. Besides, eating a piece or two of these delicacies probably wouldn’t hurt.
Lemon Raspberry Cookie Bars
- 1 pouch of shortbread cookies crushed
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pc large lemon set aside the zest
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts chopped
For the topping
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 large lemon zested
- Set the oven to 350°F, then use parchment paper to line a 9" by 13" pan.
- Crush the shortbread cookies using a food processor or blender. Do this until you turn the cookies into fine crumbs. You can also use any hard object to crush it.
- Combine melted butter and crushed shortbread cookies. Mix it all until you form a crust.
- Pour the cookie mixture into your pan and press it tightly into the bottom to make a crust.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk over the crust, and spread it evenly. Add lemon zest on top.
- Sprinkle with chopped macadamia nuts, shredded coconut, and white chocolate chips over the sweetened condensed milk.
- Bake bars at 350° for 22-25 minutes.
- Once done, transfer the bars to the cooling rack and let them rest to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- After cooling, spread some raspberry jam and sprinkle with sliced almonds and additional lemon zest.
- Place the bars inside the refrigerator to let them set and harden.
- Remove the bars from the pan once cooled. Slice and serve.
More Easy Dessert Recipe
Love healthy baking recipes? You could try these simple recipes at home to impress your loved ones. Perfect for after-meal treats, coffee, and tea parties with friends and family!
To Wrap It All Up
Now that you know how to make your Lemon Raspberry Cookie Bars, it’s time to put your baking skills to the test. Whether you’re eating them as a snack or giving them away as a gift, these cookie jars are sure to be a hit with everyone. So what are you waiting for? Give them a try today!
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried these Lemon Raspberry Cookie Bars, don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. Tag us on our social media accounts, subscribe to our weekly newsletter, and follow the Best Baking Tips and Vegan Globetrotter sites for more delicious ideas!