Affiliate Statement and a Caveat
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
This is the time of year when citrus fruits are at their peak, and mandarin oranges are no exception. If you’re looking for a delicious way to enjoy this seasonal fruit, why not make an easy mandarin orange pie? This recipe is easy to follow and doesn’t require any special baking skills or equipment. Plus, it’s a great way to show off your Mandarins!
Mandarin Orange Pie
Who doesn’t love no-fuss desserts? The one that you can devour immediately after making it. This Mandarin Orange Pie is the perfect solution for those lazy nights where you don’t want to spend more time in the kitchen and, of course, don’t want to wait too long for desserts. Made with just a few ingredients, even beginners will love making this too.
You have options if you want it super easy and no-bake, or at least make an effort to make your crust from scratch. But regardless of what you choose, the process is pretty simple, and all ingredients can be found in your pantry. Mandarin oranges are available either fresh, canned, or in jars in grocery stores. You can take a pick on what is accessible for you. Bakers usually choose preserved fruits because using fresh ones may result in oxidation. However, if you prefer to use freshly bought mandarins, you can brush them with some syrup to prevent them from getting dry. As for flavorings, there are also orange-flavored gelatin powders in the market; if you can’t find one, you can use clear gelatin powder but add some orange extract to the whipping cream instead.
Few Tweaks and Tricks
For this recipe, we will be using shortbread cookies as your crust. However, you can also use crushed graham crackers with melted butter for the no-bake version. As for the filling, you need to whip creamy heavy cream, add a hint of oranges, add gelatin powder to stabilize and put mandarin oranges on top to enhance the flavors.
Let’s Make it Vegan
Having a few lists of ingredients can be really beneficial if you want to make it into a vegan version. You can opt for the crushed graham crust with coconut oil for super fast and easy prep; for the cream filling: use vegan whipping cream and vegan flavorings. For some, chilled coconut cream is also a good alternative instead of regular whipping cream.
Easy Mandarin Orange Pie
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Orange Cream Filling:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pack of orange-flavored gelatin powder
- canned mandarin orange for garnish
- other fruits like berries or kiwi
For the cookie crust:
- Cream the softened butter and sugar using a mixer until creamy and light.
- Pour the eggs and vanilla at the same time into the mixture.
- In a separate container, combine flour and baking powder and then gradually stir it into the sugar-butter mixture.
- Mix all you form a dough, and wrap it in plastic when done kneading for a few minutes.
- Allow the dough to rest inside the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before shaping it into a pie crust.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake the pie crust for 8-12 minutes or more, depending on the size of the crust. Remove from heat after baking and rest to cool down.
Orange Cream Filling:
- Using your stand mixer, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks.
- Meanwhile, dilute the gelatin powder according to the package direction.
- Once fully dissolved, slowly fold the gelatin mixture onto your whipping cream, allowing it to incorporate fully.
- Pour the mixture over the cooled cookie crust. Level the top using an offset spatula.
- Decorate the top with remaining whipping cream using a piping tip, then add mandarin oranges slice on top. Add mint leaves for color.
- Place it in the fridge for at least an hour or 2 until it sets.
More Easy Dessert Recipe
Love healthy baking recipes? You could try these simple recipes at home to impress your loved ones. Perfect for after-meal treats, coffee, and tea parties with friends and family!
To Wrap It All Up
Creamy. Cool. Simple. You can’t go wrong with this easy, no-fuss pie recipe! This Mandarin Orange dessert really could not be more perfect for hot weather. So try making it today with your kids or loved ones, and surprise them with how fast and easy yet yummy your new dessert treat is.
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried the Easy Mandarin Orange Pie, don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. Tag us on our social media accounts, subscribe to our weekly newsletter, and follow the Best Baking Tips and Vegan Globetrotter sites for more delicious ideas!
Bake Your Stress Away: 10 Benefits of Baking
Best Type of Bakeware: Top Tips for Choosing