Best Baking Tips is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Do you go nuts over nuts, just like me? If sweets are your thing, but you don’t want to feel bad after eating them–then this pecan pie truffles recipe might be for you! Feel free to try this recipe at home—a sure way to satisfy one’s sweet tooth! A perfect way to enjoy dessert minus the guilt.
Pecan Pie Truffles: A Delicious go-to healthy snack!
Whether vegan or not, these delectable and decadent pecan pie truffles will tempt you and your family to enjoy them often. They easily satisfy sweet cravings without all the unhealthy additions. Best of all, they come together quickly and easily. And- there is no baking required!
This recipe calls for pecan nuts, but you might substitute them with any nuts you prefer, like almonds, pistachios, or walnuts. Replacing ingredients may give you a different texture and flavor, but what makes it exciting is that you will be surprised that you have created another unique taste you can add to your recipe list.
Pecan Pie Truffles
If you want to try this Pecan Pie Truffles recipe, share your photo and experience with us. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #bestbakingtip and #pecanpietruffles
Pecan Pie Truffles
- 2 1/2 cups pecans
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs about eight graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons vegan unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar or other favorite sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil may substitute vegetable oil
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate vegan
- Sea salt flakes
- Pecan slivers
- Combine the pecans and graham crackers in a food processor. Pulse until a fine mixture forms. Set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Using a medium saucepan, combine the unsalted butter, dark brown sugar, salt, maple syrup, orange juice, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Frequently stir the mixture over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the sugar is completely melted.
- Remove from the heat after 10 minutes and set aside to cool. Be careful not to burn.
- Then, combine the sugar mixture with the pecan and graham cracker crumbs. Mix everything with a spatula until it is well combined.
- Make balls out of a small amount of the mixture by scooping it into your hands. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Freeze for 2 hours.
- Combine oil and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Place it in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring thoroughly in between.
- Be careful not to burn the chocolate. This process usually takes about 90 seconds, depending on the power of your microwave.
- Dip each truffle one at a time into the chocolate, then remove and place them back on the cookie sheet.
- For added flavor and texture, sprinkle with flaky sea salt or a piece of chopped pecan.
- Allow pecan pie truffles to set for at least 10 minutes or until the chocolate hardens before consuming.
- Place it in an airtight container for up to a week of storage.
Below are the must-read articles about baking. You will enjoy them reading as they are full of information and helpful tips. Read them and share your thoughts!
Now that you know how to make pecan pie truffles at home, what’s stopping you from whipping up a batch (or two)? These little bites of heaven are perfect for gifts, gatherings, and even everyday snacking. So go ahead and give them a try — we promise you won’t be disappointed!
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried this Pecan Pie Truffles recipe, please don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. In addition, Take a picture and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. For more baking recipes make sure you subscribe to our weekly newsletter!