Best Baking Tips is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
These Almond Cinnamon Rolls are the perfect way to start your day! They’re light and fluffy, with a deliciously crunchy almond flakes and a hint of cinnamon. Plus, they’re topped with a sweet cream cheese frosting that’s sure to satisfy your cravings. Whether you’re looking for a tasty breakfast or a sweet snack, these cinnamon rolls are sure to please. Give them a try today!
Almond Cinnamon Rolls: Let Your Taste Buds Sing!
There are a lot of debates in the food world. Is a hot dog a sandwich? What is the best pizza topping? But, one debate that has been solved is this: Almond Cinnamon Rolls are better than regular cinnamon rolls. There is just something about the almond and cinnamon flavor combination that makes these rolls irresistible. In this recipe, we will show you how to make these delicious treats at home!
Almond Cinnamon Rolls are the perfect combination of sweet and savory. The rich, creamy flavor of almonds pairs perfectly with the warm cinnamon spices, resulting in a truly delicious treat. These rolls are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven, but they can also be reheated for a quick and easy snack.
Best Baking Tips; Ingredient Tips
Almond Cinnamon Rolls are a great and delicious way to start your day! Here are some tips to make sure your rolls come out perfect every time.
When it comes to the dough, you want to make sure it’s nice and soft. This will help ensure that the rolls are light and fluffy. If your dough is too dry, it will result in tough rolls. To achieve the perfect dough consistency, add enough milk so that the dough is soft, but not sticky.
As for the filling, you can really go wild with what you put inside. However, I recommend using a mixture of almond paste, cinnamon, and sugar. This classic combo provides just the right amount of sweetness and flavor. If you want something a little different, you could also try adding in dried fruits or other nuts.
Finally, don’t forget the frosting! A classic roll is nothing without a delicious frosting drizzle on top. I recommend using a simple mixture of cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Once your rolls are out of the oven and cooled, simply drizzle the icing over top and enjoy!
How to make your own homemade Almond Paste
Almond paste is a sweet, dense paste made from ground almonds. It is commonly used in baking, and can be found in a variety of desserts such as cookies, cakes, and pastries. These can also be used to make candles, soaps, and cosmetics. While it is possible to buy almond paste at the store, it is also easy to make at home. All you need are some almonds, sugar, water, and a food processor.
To make almond paste, start by blanching the almonds. This will remove the skins and make them easier to grind. Then, combine the almonds and sugar in a food processor or blender, and process until the mixture becomes a fine powder.
Next, add water to the mixture a little at a time while continuing to blend or process the ingredients. The amount of water you’ll need will depend on how moist or dry your almonds are. You should add enough water so that the mixture forms a thick paste.
Once you’ve reached the desired consistency, transfer the almond paste to a clean jar or container and store it in the fridge for up to two weeks. Almond paste can be used in a variety of recipes or simply enjoyed on its own. Try using it to make Almond Cinnamon Rolls or another favorite dessert. With this simple recipe, you can enjoy homemade almond paste anytime you like.
If you want to try these delicious Almond Cinnamon Rolls, share your photo and experience with us, and let us know what you think in the comments below by using #bestbakingtips and #almondcinnamonrolls
Almond Cinnamon Rolls: That’s how we roll!
Almond Cinnamon Rolls
Let's gather the ingredients!
- ¼ cup unsalted butter half a stick
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- ½ tsp cardamom ground
- ½ tsp cinnamon ground
- 3-3½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 egg for brushing
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup almond paste
- 1 tbsp cinnamon ground
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup almond roughly chopped
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- ⅔ cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp whole milk
Almond Cinnamon Rolls
- Firstly, Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a sauce pot, Melt the butter, then add milk and gently heat the mixture until warm to the touch, not hot.
- Add the yeast and mix until yeast has dissolved. Set aside to bloom.
- In a medium bowl, Mix in 1 cup of flour, cardamom, cinnamon, salt, and sugar. Stir until well combined.
- Carefully add in the warmed milk mixture and mix well.
- Add most of the remaining flour and knead the dough by hand, adding flour if needed, until the dough is smooth and elastic and no longer sticks to the bowl nor to your hand.
- Sprinkle some flour on top and cover: Let the dough rise for about 1 hour.
- Lightly flour the baking board and turn the dough on it.
- Roll dough out to a 30 x 40 cm rectangle.
- Spread the softened butter on the dough, followed by a layer of almond paste.
- in a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon, then gently sprinkle the mixture on the dough. finally, add in the almonds.
- Roll the dough up tightly and cut into 1½ inch slices. Place rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment, cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Brush rolls with beaten egg.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. After baking, cover the rolls while cooling.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a medium bowl, using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, milk, and butter on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- then, beat in the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until combined.
- Using a spatula, spread the frosting over the warm rolls and serve immediately.
- Sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Serve warm and enjoy with family and friends!
Below are the must-read articles about baking. You will also enjoy them reading as they are full of information and helpful tips. Read them and share your thoughts.
To Wrap It All Up
These Almond Cinnamon Rolls are the perfect breakfast or brunch treat. They’re easy to make, and you can customize them with your favorite toppings. We hope you enjoy this recipe! If you do, please leave a rating and let us know what you think in the comments.
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried these Almond Cinnamon Rolls, don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. Take a ? and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. ?? For more baking recipes make sure you subscribed to our weekly newsletter. ?