Affiliate Statement and a Caveat
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Description: This recipe for dried plum and cinnamon scones is a delicious and easy way to enjoy your morning coffee or afternoon tea. These scones are tender, fluffy, and loaded with fall flavor. This mouth-watering scone is perfect for the fall and for a winter morning.
I’m sure you’ve all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Well, I’m here to tell you that that applies to snacks too! The next time you find yourself in need of a quick snack, try these dried plum and cinnamon scones. They are easy to make and absolutely delicious. Trust me, your stomach (and taste buds) will thank you! These Scones are perfect for any occasion of the fall season
When it comes to combining dried plums and cinnamon in scones, there are two schools of thought. The first is that the sweetness of the dried plums complements the warm flavor of the cinnamon perfectly. The second is that the tartness of the dried plums helps to balance out the sweetness of the cinnamon. Whichever camp you fall into, there’s no denying that this is a delicious combination!
If you’re looking for a recipe to get started with, we’ve got just the thing. This recipe for dried plum and cinnamon scones is easy to follow and yields delicious results every time. The best part? You probably already have all of the ingredients in your pantry!
Health Benefits Of Dried Plum
Dried plums are delicious dried fruit that is packed with health benefits. These nutrient-dense fruits are a…
- Good source of fiber, vitamin A, vitamin K, and potassium.
- Great source of antioxidants, which help protect your body against harmful toxins.
- Reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
So next time you’re looking for a healthy snack, reach for a handful of dried plums!
A dessert that’s sure to please!
These Dried Plum And Cinnamon Scones are not just fun to make but also your stomach (and taste buds) will thank you as they are…
- A perfect combination of sweet and tart, with a touch of spice.
- they’re loaded with fiber and protein, making them a healthy choice for any time of day.
- They’re easy to make and perfect for a quick snack or breakfast on the go.
- It can be made into a vegan option and can be substituted with the ingredients in the plant-based
If you’re looking for a tasty snack or dessert that the whole family can enjoy, then give these scones a try!
Ingredients tips and substitution!
Best of all the ingredients in these dried plum and cinnamon scones are probably ready in your pantry. If you are vegan and love to bake, feel free to substitute the ingredients I will mention below. What are you waiting for? Lets us gather the ingredients.
You will need,
- Dried plums: It has a chewy texture and a sweet-tart taste, and any dried plums will work in this recipe.
- Hot water: It holds the thickness of the batter, use a measuring cup to have a perfect thickness.
- Flour & baking powder: It is used to form a batter and make sure they are measured correctly.
- Cinnamon: It has a warm, sweet flavor that pairs well with many different types of foods.
- Kosher salt: Balances the sweetness and tartness of these scones.
- Whipped cream & butter: It adds flavor and if want a vegan option, feel free to use vegan whipped cream and butter they are both available in the supermarket.
- Vanilla extract: It adds aromatic flavor and adds a [pleasnt smell to these scones.
- If desired to make this vegan, use alternative plant-based ingredients.
- To make this gluten-free use certified gluten-free flour.
Looking for more vegan fall recipes?
- Try our Mini Pumpkins Cream Puffs, Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta Recipe, Vegan Maple Pumpkin Overnight Oats, Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie, Apple Cranberry Crisp, Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta Recipe, Butternut Squash Pancakes, 20-minute Pumpkin Soup, and Air fryer Cinnamon Rolls. They are completely plant-based and ideal for your vegan meal. You can also our YouTube Channel as well as the Vegan Globetrotter site.
Are you ready to make these delicious dried plum and cinnamon scones? If yes, keep browsing and reading you will learn to make these scones that you will want to make it over and over!
There you are, let us make it!
This recipe for dried plum and cinnamon scones is not only easy to follow but produces a delightful pastry that is perfect for those early mornings of the fall season and winter season. With a hint of sweetness from the dried plums and a touch of spice from the cinnamon, these scones are sure to become a new favorite in your household.
Best of all, they can be ready in just 25 minutes! So, give this recipe a try today!
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease the scone pan. Set them aside.
- Soak the dried plums in a hot water for at least 4-5 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Mix the flour mixture and butter using a pastry blender until the butter is finely coarse and incorporated, then stir to combine the drain plums.
- Meanwhile, mix the cream and vanilla extract, and combine them into the flour mixture.
- Scoop the dough into a grease scone pan and bake them for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Served with coffee and enjoy!
- If you noticed the dough becomes dry add more cream cheese and stir well until smooth.
- Best served when freshly baked alongside coffee.
Getting more addicted to baking fall recipes? Satisfy your tastebuds with our Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars, Pumpkin Crullers With Caramelized Maple Glaze, Easy Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake, Healthy Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins, Air Fryer Pumpkin Banana Nut Bread, Puff Pastry Apple Turnovers, and Baked Apple Blondies, they are the perfect addition to your cozy autumn days or even on regular days!
If you decide to make this a must-try dried plum and cinnamon scones share your experience with us by commenting a #scones #bestbakingtips, happy baking!
A must-try #scones!
Dried Plum and Cinnamon Scones
- ¾ cup plums dried, chopped
- 2-3 cups water hot
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour or use gluten-free flour
- 2 oz. sugar or raw and organic, if preferred
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 3-4 tbsp butter cold, feel free to substitute dairy-free if desired
- 6 oz. whipped cream cold and heavy, or use dairy-free
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Dried Plums and Cinnamon Scones:
- Soak the dried plums in hot water for at least 4-5 minutes. Drained well, and set aside.
- Spray a 16-well wedge scone pan† with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a heatproof bowl, combine plums and very hot water. Let soak for 5 minutes. Drain plums well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt, whisking well.
- Scoop the dough and place it into greased scone pan. Bake them for 20–25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Served with coffee, enjoy!
- If desired, to make this vegan, use alternative plant-based ingredients.
- To make this gluten-free, use certified gluten-free flour.
- If you notice the dough becoming dry, add more cream cheese and stir well until smooth.
- Best served when freshly baked alongside coffee.
Below are the must-read articles about baking. You will enjoy them reading as they are full of information and helpful tips. Read them and share your thoughts.
- Is a Scone a Biscuit? Try these Peach Scones
- Best Type of Cinnamon for Baking
- Bake Your Stress Away: 10 Benefits of Baking
- 7 Basic Baking Ingredients
- Best Gifts for Bakers 2022
To Wrap It All Up
Thank you for reading our post on the health benefits of dried plums along with ingerdeints and instructions for these dried plums and cinnamon scones! We hope that you will give this delicious and healthy dessert a try. Please share your comments below, and be sure to check back often for more great recipes.
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried these dried plums and cinnamon scones, don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. Take a ? and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. ???
Chocolate Crunch Oatmeal Cookies Recipe