Affiliate Statement and a Caveat
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
5-ingredients: Red Velvet Donuts On A Budget
You donut want to miss these 5-ingredient red velvet donuts! They are so simple to make and a friendly budget. Red velvet cake mix, fresh ripe bananas, and cream cheese fillings are all you’ll need! It has a cream cheese topping on top —and that is irresistible! The nicest thing is that they are baked instead of fried. A perfect treat for mother’s day, fourth of July, Christmas, valentines day, and any occasion!
Hello, donut lovers!
Today, I’m happy to share with y’all why I’m addicted to this donut. Please bear with me as I am not very good at narrating stories. ?
I’m about to go on a round trip with my family and friends, but something seems to be missing, so I thought about what I could eat while on the trip and packed a meal so that I don’t get too hungry for the places were going to.
So while browsing, I discovered these vibrant and fluffy red velvet donuts! ?? I’m not a donut lover, but I swear to you, I can say that nothing beats these donuts! It is easy to make by the mixing and baking method, and you can have this in no time —in just 28 minutes. Yes, you read it right!
These donuts drive me glazy! Because these red velvet donuts are baked rather than fried—and I went for a healthy option. Who wouldn’t love these donuts? right?
To cut my story short, I share these red velvet donuts, a “dozen of happiness,” with my friends and family, and they love them too.
So, pin it, print it, but make sure you save it because you’ll want to do it again! These excellent red velvet donuts should be in everyone’s meal box.
Why Do You Drive Glazy On These Red Velvet Donuts?
These donuts have a classic flavor that goes perfectly with your favorite cup of espresso or coffee. They’re on a completely different level. It only requires five basic ingredients and is simple to prepare.
To make this, simply combine the dough ingredients and bake for 15 to 20 minutes to make the frosting.
Still, amazed? Me too! ?
However, if you’re looking for additional doughnut recipes, Best Baking Tips is here to help! ?
- Bavarian Cream Donut: This is a German-inspired donut with vanilla pastry cream that is so creamy and delicious with a handful of ingredients.
- Strawberry Glazed Donut: The donut will glaze your day too! It is coated with cream cheese strawberry frosting.
In this article, you will learn more about this recipe. So, keep reading more. I will share more of them. ?
Alter The Taste!
This donut does not require many ingredients, as indicated in the recipe. As a result, there aren’t a lot of swaps.
- Bananas – if you don’t have bananas or you didn’t like bananas, you can substitute 16 ounces of applesauce.
Tastes Like a Cake…
There are a number of ways to add variety to this recipe, even if there aren’t many alternatives.
- Cake Mix: This recipe is really for red velvet donuts, but you could make something completely different by swapping out the cake mix!
- Frosting: If cream cheese frosting isn’t your thing, substitute your preferred frosting!
- Sprinkles: Substitute the color of the sprinkle to your liking or for whatever occasion you’re celebrating. For example, green and red for the Christmas season, pink or hearts for Valentine’s Day, and red and blue for the Fourth of July.
- Toppings: On a donut, you may be as artistic as you like with the toppings. Topped with some chocolate sauce and ripple chips, etc.
These delectable donuts are made in two easy steps. The “sweet and fluffy cream cheese frosting” and the “moist and flavorful donut.”
It is a baking method also, preparing them easily as stated in these red velvet donuts. BBT Note: this recipe requires the use of a donut pan.
For the dough, you will need cocoa powder, baking powder, all-purpose flour, an egg, brown sugar, vanilla butter, red food coloring, and salt. First, melt the butter. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs gently. Add the vanilla, sugar, and melted butter. Stir together. Second, add the dry ingredients to the mixture. Mix well. Third, add the red food coloring.
To make cream cheese frosting, prepare the vanilla essence, confectioners’ sugar, butter, and cream cheese. Ensure that butter and cream cheese are soft. Mix them all together until smooth and creamy.
Bake your donuts for 8-10 minutes or till golden brown. Allow it to cool completely before adding the frosting. Tadaaaa! Enjoy! ?
Can’t stop to make this donut! ??
Get Yours Now!
You’ll need a donut pan to make these red velvet doughnuts. This is a comparable doughnut pan, but any donut pan will suffice. If your donut pans only accommodate 6 doughnuts, you’ll either need two or bake two batches.
Commonly Asked Questions
What is the difference between baked and fried donuts?
- The main difference is the baking procedure. A baked donut is baked in the oven, while a fried donut is typically fried in oil.
- A baked donut is usually something of a cake donut, while a fried donut is usually prepared with yeast dough.
In donuts, what else can I use rather than eggs?
- You are lucky, this donut doesn’t even require eggs! If you are making another recipe that requires eggs simply substitute with vegan egg alternatives or cornstarch egg.
Is a doughnut considered a baked good?
- Yes, absolutely! Doughnuts are considered a “baked good,” and these specific donuts are indeed baked and delectable.
Refrigerate for 6-7 days or store in a sealed container for up to 2-3 days at room temperature.
These donuts can be frozen and unfrosted for up to a month in a fridge, sealed container.
Best Baking Tips
- Baked donuts are not the same as fried doughnuts. As the glaze absorbs in, they begin to fall apart rather than become stale, so eat them as soon as possible!
- If you want to make these advances, wait until just before serving to glaze them.
- These donuts are excellent any time of year, but they have a Valentine’s Day vibe to them!
Every donut we make is a part of the family. Soooo…….
Here Are a Dozen Reasons To Be Happy!
Red Velvet Donuts
- 2 donut pans or one donut pan
- pastry bag or zip lock
- 1 box red velvet cake mix dry
- 2-3 cups banana ripe and mashed
- 3 cups cream cheese for the frosting
- sprinkles for the toppings, any color
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and brush with oil the donut pan.
- In a mixing bowl, add the red velvet cake mix and gently mix the mashed bananas. Whisk together till combined.
- Put the red velvet and banana mixture into a pastry bag. Tiff off the edge of the pastry bag and pump the batter into each donut.
- Bake for 8 minutes or till the inserted toothpick comes out clean. When baked, Allow cooling of the donuts for 10 minutes.
- In a microwave bowl, add the frosting or cream cheese. Warm for 15-20 minutes for a good consistency.
- Dunk the donuts into the prepared frosting or cream cheese and drizzle the top with sprinkles immediately.
- Allow to fully cool before serving, enjoy!
For More Related Recipes
- Green Velvet Cheesecake Bars: This is both delicious and festive and can be made in under 1-hour including baking time.
- Red Velvet Blondies: Chewy blondies with chocolate chips and perfect for Valentine’s Day.
- Strawberry Glazed Donut: Creamy, mouthwatering, and a delectable donut that will satisfy your taste buds.
- Bavarian Cream Donut: Coated with cream cheese strawberry frosting and easy to make with fresh strawberries.
To Wrap It All Up
These red velvet donuts are your daily dose of love! —and are baked goods! It is so creamy with cream cheese frosting. It is easy to make with a 5-ingredients only. Perfect for any occasion like mother’s day, Valentine’s Day, Christmas, or the fourth of July. Red velvet vibes are so hearty vibes! ??
Connect With Us!
If you’ve tried this Red Velvet Donuts recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. Take a photo and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. ❤️❤️❤️
Learn More Now: