Affiliate Statement and a Caveat
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Earthy Matcha Glazed Donuts
These earthy matcha glazed donuts are a vegan option and delicious breakfast or snack. These amazing matcha donuts are made of flour, almond milk, and matcha powder, they’re perfect nutritious homemade donuts that you will taste. And the best part is that they’re insanely delicious – you won’t be able to resist!
Are you looking for a new and delicious way to enjoy your morning coffee?
Why not try making some matcha donuts?
This recipe is easy to follow and results in a sweet and fluffy treat everyone will love. Plus, thanks to the health benefits of matcha green tea, you can feel good about indulging in these tasty donuts. So give them a try today!
Oh-so-healthy Matcha Glazed Donuts!
These greeny matcha glazed donuts will surely become your favorite homemade donuts. Aside from being oh-so-healthy donuts, they are also:
- Earthy: Feel the earthy vibes with the touch of matcha flavor.
- Low-fat dessert: A dessert help to speed up the metabolism.
- Adaptable: It can be top whatever you want.
- Easy-to-prepare: It takes 1 hour to make with simple ingredients.
- Decadent: It tastes like a store-bought one.
Earthy ingredients and their substitution
This recipe requires an affordable ingredient you will find in the market and in your pantry. But in this section, I will tackle some of the ingredients you can substitute if you want to keep this healthier.
To make this vegan:
- Milk: Use almond milk, cashew milk, or any plant-based milk.
- Sugar: Alternatively, use raw sugar.
- Eggs: Use 1 tablespoon of Ground flax seed and stir with 1 tbsp of water.
Recipe Note: This is optional but it tastes better and is healthier.
Enjoying this so matcha!
You will enjoy making these matcha glazed donuts since they are easy to make and fun to make. so what you will do?
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine all the dry ingredients.
- Combine in wet ingredients.
- Bake for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Make the glazed.
- Dip and enjoy with a cup of coffee!
Best Baking Pro Tips
- To have quality matcha like a store-bought one, check if has nice deep color of green and smells goods as fresh.
- No need to worry to store these matcha glazed donuts as they are ref-friendly even the leftover. But it tastes better when fresh from the oven.
A recipe hack: Matcha Glazed Donuts
As I mentioned these matcha glazed donuts are adaptable and customizable according to your liking, these donuts pairs well with:
- Dunk the dough into matcha sugar. Combined the matcha powder and powdered sugar.
- It pairs well with white chocolate coating, or in dark chocolate.
- Topped with dark chocolate chips, sprinkles, or drizzled with melted white chocolate.
Recipe Note: Make sure the glaze is still wet before adding toppings on top as they hold in the donut glazed.
If you are addicted or a fan of homemade donuts try these Fruity Pebbles Donuts, Red Velvet Donuts, Strawberry Glazed Donuts, and Bavarian Cream Donuts. They are also easy to make, adaptable, and ref-friendly.
Easy-peasy right? These matcha glazed donuts will become your favorite donut you will ever have! The donut will you want to make over and over again. 💚
Go green. Have a matcha glazed donuts! 💚
Earthy Matcha Glazed Donuts
For The Donut:
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/3 tbsp matcha green tea powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 small egg
- 3 oz. sour cream
- 6 oz. almond milk
- 1/3 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
For The Glazed:
- 1 large egg
- 16 oz. powdered sugar
- 2-3 tsp matcha green tea powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- vanilla extract dash
- 1 tbsp water add 1 tsp, if needed
Earthy Matcha Glazed Donuts:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray with cooking spray the donut pans.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the dry ingredients, from flour to salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients. Stir them into the dry ingredients with melted butter.
- Transfer the mixed ingredients into a piping bag and pipe them into donut pans to form a donut, then repeat.
- To make the glaze, beat the eggs into vanilla and stir them with 1 tbsp of water. Add 1 tsp of water, if needed.
- Dunk each top of the donut into the prepared glaze. Enjoy!
For More Baking Recipe
Here in BBT, we have more baking recipes for you to try from main to dessert. Plus, they will become your favorite recipe to share with your family and friend. the recipes below are perfect for any occasion.
- Key Lime Cheesecake: No kneading is required, just mixing. Made with key lime zest and key lime juice.
- Green Velvet Cheesecake Bars: Yummy and amazing with green sprinkles.
- Honey Beer Bread: A delicious addition to family breakfast especially on fathers day.
- Peppermint Meringue Cookies Recipe: Light and airy cookies.
- Irish Blueberry Scones: Snack for any occasion.
To Wrap It All Up
As you can see, with a few simple swaps, these donuts can easily be made vegan. They are also adaptable to many different flavors and glazes. Be sure to experiment and find what works best for you. And if you come up with a great variation, be sure to share it in the comments below!
Connect With Us!
If you’ve tried this matcha glazed donuts recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. Take a photo and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. 💚💚💚