Best Baking Tips is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Nothing brings the luck of the Irish quite like shamrock sugar cookies! Whether you’re looking for a fun activity to do with your kids, an indulgent treat to make your St. Patrick’s Day extra special, or just have a hankering for something sweet and delicious, these shamrock treats will not disappoint! Perfectly festive and oh-so-easy to make, these homemade sugar cookies are sure to become your favorite go-to recipe all year round. With just enough time before this holiday weekend, why don’t you give baking a try? Let’s get rolling – it’s time to start making those yummy green treats!
Shamrock Sugar Cookies: Filled with the luck of the Irish!
Warm, sweet, festive- Shamrock Sugar Cookies are the perfect treat for St. Patrick’s Day! These delicious sugar cookies have all the classic features: plenty of vanilla and nutmeg flavors, a large helping of crunchy sugar crystals, and an adorable shamrock design that is sure to bring luck. They make great gifts for friends and family on March 17th and they can also be eaten as a special treat throughout the month of March. Plus, with an easy prep time of just 15 minutes, you know Shamrock Sugar Cookies are worth the effort – get baking today!
It’s always a joy to have Shamrock Sugar Cookies after dinner. But if you’re looking for the perfect way to store your delicious snacks, we have some tips for you. To keep them as fresh and tasty as before, be sure to store your Shamrock Sugar Cookies in an air-tight container. This will keep out any sneaky bugs that may want to come along for a treat!
Place them at room temperature and enjoy within a couple of days of baking. For longer storage times, place your cookies in the refrigerator or freezer until they’re ready to be enjoyed. We also suggest wrapping them individually so they stay moist and delicious. With these simple steps, you can experience the full flavor of these treats whenever you’re ready!
Shamrock Sugar Cookies
If you want to try this Shamrock Sugar Cookies Recipe, share your photo and experience with us. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #bestbakingtip and #shamrocksugarcookies
Shamrock Sugar Cookies
Let's gather the ingredients!
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- ¼ tsp nutmeg ground
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1½ cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 large egg fresh
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 13 drops green food color
- 2 tsp milk
- ½ cup confectioner's sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla. Gradually stir in the flour mixture until well mixed. Refrigerate dough for about an hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°F, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut out dough with a shamrock cookie cutter. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute. Remove to wire racks, then cool completely.
- For the Icing, mix green food color and milk in a small bowl. Add confectioners' sugar, stirring until the color is evenly distributed and the icing is smooth.
- To decorate cookies, hold the cookie by its edge and dip the top of the cookie into icing. Place glazed cookies on a wire rack set over a foil-covered baking sheet to dry.
- Serve and enjoy with family and friends!
Below are the must-read articles about baking. You will enjoy them reading as they are full of information and helpful tips. Read them and share your thoughts.
To Wrap It All Up
The shamrock sugar cookies turned out surprisingly tasty! With their sweet and buttery flavor and festive decoration, they make a truly delicious dessert. And you can’t forget the wonderful hint of mint chocolate chip that makes them stand out from all the other cookie recipes out there. It’s no wonder why this easy-to-make classic has been enjoyed for years by both kids and adults alike.
These shamrock sugar cookies are not only an enjoyable snack or dessert, but also a great way to show off your creativity and have fun in the kitchen. They offer a perfect balance of sweetness and sweetness, plus some added color to spice things up. So if you need something new to make for St Patrick’s Day this year, why not try these? You won’t be disappointed!
Do you have any creative variations for these shamrock sugar cookies? Have you ever tried making them yourself? Leave us a comment below and let us know what you think! Happy baking!
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried this Shamrock Sugar Cookies Recipe, please don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. In addition, Take a ? and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. For more baking recipes make sure you subscribed to our weekly newsletter. ?