Affiliate Statement and a Caveat
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Have you ever had a warm slice of lemon poppy seed pound cake? If not, now is the time to enjoy this delicious treat! Perfectly moist and citrusy, with the crunchy texture of poppy seeds throughout, this loaf makes an amazing dessert or snack. Serve it up with some freshly whipped cream and slices of seasonal fruit for a special treat that your friends and family won’t soon forget! Whether you are searching for something new to make for your next gathering or just looking for an indulgent way to reward yourself after a long day, this lemon poppy seed pound cake will definitely hit the spot. Read on to learn how easy it is to whip up a loaf at home!
Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake: Perfectly Moist and Citrusy!
If you’re a fan of baked goods and the classic combination of lemons and poppy seeds, then a Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake could be the perfect dessert. The moist cake, baked with just the right amount of lemon zest to bring out this delightful treat’s flavor, is finished with a sweet drizzle of glaze for an extra pop! With its beautiful presentation and slightly tart taste, this fantastic pound cake is sure to make an impression on your next dessert table. So gather your friends and family around to enjoy a slice – or two – of this delectable Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake!
Best Baking Tips; Ingredient Tips!
If you’re looking to bake up a tasty lemon poppy seed pound cake, you need all the right ingredients! Start with all-purpose flour as the basis of your tasty treat – all the other delicious ingredients will add texture and flavor. To get the perfect sweet-tart flavor combination, opt for light brown sugar for sweetness, and lemon zest and juice to give it a lovely lemony bite. Last but not least, don’t forget to add the perfectly nutty poppy seeds to compliment all the wonderful flavors! With all these ingredients in check, you’ll be well on your way to baking up the perfect lemon poppy seed pound cake.
Storing Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake properly is an essential part of making it last. The best way to keep it fresh is to store it in an airtight container at room temperature. It can last up to 7 days this way, but it will be most delicious if it’s eaten within the first 3 days. If you plan on keeping it for longer than a week, put it in the refrigerator but make sure to take it out at least half an hour before serving it so it can reach room temperature again. Enjoy your freshly made cake and let it last as long as possible!
Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake
If you want to try this Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake Recipe, share your photo and experience with us. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #bestbakingtip and #lemonpoppyseedpoundcake
Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake
Let's gather the ingredients!
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 lemons zest
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 3 tsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, then grease the bottom and the sides of a 9×5-inch loaf pan with melted butter. Set aside.
- Sift flour in a medium size bowl. Add baking powder, and salt. Mix well, then set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk or using a hand mixer on a low-speed setting, cream the softened butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Slowly add the eggs to the mixer, one at a time. Add the lemon juice, zest, vanilla, and poppy seeds.
- Keep the mixer running on low speed and pour in half the milk with half of the flour mixture. Beat until all ingredients are combined, then slowly add the remaining milk and flour, and beat until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Start with adding lemon juice to the powdered sugar then add milk, adjusting quantity if needed.
- The icing should be thick and not too runny. Spoon icing over the cake and let harden before serving.
- Serve and enjoy with family and friends!
Below are the must-read articles about baking. You will enjoy them reading as they are full of information and helpful tips. Read them and share your thoughts.
To Wrap It All Up
All in all, this lemon poppy seed pound cake is absolutely delicious. With a sweet, citrusy flavor and light texture, it’s definitely a hit with everyone who has tried it. Plus, the recipe itself is very simple to follow – making it great for cooks of all levels. Lemon poppy seed pound cakes are perfect for any occasion; serve it at brunch or bring it to potlucks, showers, or parties. The possibilities are endless! So give this unique twist on a classic dish a try and let us know what you think. Happy Baking!
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried this Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake Recipe, please don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. In addition, Take a ? and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. For more baking recipes make sure you subscribed to our weekly newsletter. ?
Classic Lemon Bars Recipe, Sunshine to Your Tastebuds!