Affiliate Statement and a Caveat
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Description: These sweet potato cupcakes are a delicious and easy alternative, and they’re perfect for serving at your next party. The cupcakes are flavored with cinnamon and nutmeg. They’re topped with fluffy frosting and garnished with pecans, sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Trust me, these cupcakes will be loved by everyone!
Hey everyone! I hope you’re all having a great day! Today, I decided to switch it up and post about something other than productivity tips. After all, who doesn’t love dessert? These sweet potato pie cupcakes are the perfect way to end a meal. Not only are they delicious, but they’re also pretty healthy too.
Sweet potato pie cupcakes are the perfect dessert for Fall. They are moist and flavorful, with a rich, creamy frosting that will remind you of your favorite Thanksgiving pie. Best of all, they are easy to make and require no special ingredients.
Yes, these sweet potato pie cupcakes are healthy too! This will become your favorite dessert during the fall season.
Sweet Potatoes are good for our health!
When it comes to a nutritious, delicious, and affordable side dish, the sweet potato can’t be beaten! With its wealth of health benefits, this root vegetable is a great addition to any meal.
Whether you’re looking for something healthy to serve your family or want to add some variety to your menu, sweet potatoes are definitely worth considering. So let’s take a closer look at just what makes this tuber so amazing!
- High in fiber, vitamins A, C, and E, as well as potassium.
- Regulate blood sugar levels, improve cognitive function, and boost the immune system.
- Good source of antioxidants, which can protect against cell damage and aging.
Next time you need a quick and healthy meal idea, reach for a sweet potato and make a batch of these sweet potato pie cupcakes!
Indulge in these sweet, delicious cupcakes!
Aside from being delicious, you will indulge in this batch of sweet potato pie cupcakes as they are…
- Fluffy and moist cupcakes.
- Easy to make no required hard-to-find ingredients.
- Topped with creamy marshmallow frosting.
- Healthy and can be a vegan option.
You read it right! These cupcakes can be a vegan option, the present ingredients in this dessert can be substituted for a plant-based.
Keep reading and you will learn more about this recipe!
So go ahead and indulge in a little bit of sweetness without feeling guilty!
Ingredients tips and substitution!
These sweet potato cupcakes are easy to make with a few ingredients that are easy to gather. Also, I mentioned that we can also make this a healthy option. Below are the ingredient tips and substitutions.
For the sweet potato cupcakes, all you need is a yellow cake mix, sweet potato puree, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
For the frosting, you will need butter, whipped cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and salt, and for the garnish cinnamon sugar and pecans.
These are the ingredients you will need to gather. They are easy to find right? And oh for the vegan option, please read it below!
Substitution (for the vegan option)
- Yellow cake mix: Choose the Duncan Hines brand it has vegan yellow cake mix.
- Butter: Use vegan butter or homemade vegan butter, of course, there is an available in the supermarket.
- Whipped cream: You can also use homemade vegan whipped cream or a store-bought one
If you are a vegan and love to bake, feel free to substitute the above ingredients I suggested. Please note that they are optional, you can still use the original ingredients if preferred.
Looking for more vegan fall recipes?
- Try our Mini Pumpkins Cream Puffs, Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta Recipe, Vegan Maple Pumpkin Overnight Oats, Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie, Apple Cranberry Crisp, Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta Recipe, Butternut Squash Pancakes, 20-minute Pumpkin Soup, and Air fryer Cinnamon Rolls. They are completely plant-based and ideal for your vegan meal. You can also our YouTube Channel as well as the Vegan Globetrotter site.
So you will now have the ingredients, so why not try making these batches of sweet potato cupcakes? Come on let us whip the ingredients!
Let us whip up the ingredients!
Yes, you will need to do is to whip up all the ingredients there is no-knead required. The best part is that they are easy to make, so you can focus on spending time with your loved ones and even novice bakers can join in on the fun.
First, gather the ingredients of sweet potato cupcakes and combine them in a large mixing bowl. Mix them well until they form into the batter.
Second, place the batter into the cupcake pan and bake them for at least 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and allow to cool completely.
Third, meanwhile, in a separate bowl, using a hand mixer mix well all the frosting ingredients until smooth and set them aside.
Fourth, topped with whipped cream and garnished pecans, and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.
What can you say? They are easy to make right? You can now indulge in these batches of sweet potato cupcakes with your family and friends.
Looking for more baking fall recipes?
- The BBT team is your friend! We have Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars, Pumpkin Crullers With Caramelized Maple Glaze, Easy Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake, Healthy Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins, Air Fryer Pumpkin Banana Nut Bread, Puff Pastry Apple Turnovers, and Baked Apple Blondies, they are the perfect addition to your cozy autumn days or even on regular days!
Please share your thoughts on these sweet potato cupcakes in the comments below. We’d love to know what you think of the recipe, whether you made any substitutions, and how they turned out for you.
And if you loved them as much as we do, don’t forget to share this post with your friends!
A cup was full of cake and love with sweet potato!
Sweet Potato Cupcakes
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 15 oz. sweet potato puree can or homemade
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 sticks butter softened or vegan butter if preferred
- 7 oz. whipped cream or vegan cream
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract pure
- kosher salt pinch
- pecans for garnish
- cinnamon sugar sprinkle
Let us whip up the ingredients:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease the cupcake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine yellow cake mix, sweet potato puree, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well until l the dough forms.
- On a prepared cupcake pan, set the dough and baked them for at least 30-40 minutes. When baked, allow cooling.
- Meanwhile, in the mixing bowl, combine the butter, whipped cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and salt until smooth.
- Transfer the frosting into a piping bag and pipe them into cooled baked cupcakes on top.
- Garnish with pecans and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, if preferred.
Below are the must-read articles about baking. You will enjoy them reading as they are full of information and helpful tips. Read them and share your thoughts.
- Bake Your Stress Away: 10 Benefits of Baking
- 7 Basic Baking Ingredients
- Best Gifts for Bakers 2021
- 16 Different Types of Cakes to Make at Home
- What is Ruby Chocolate?
To Wrap It All Up
Sweet potato cupcakes are a delicious way to enjoy the health benefits of sweet potatoes! These nutrient-rich vegetables can be baked into a moist and fluffy cupcake with flavors that will satisfy any sweet tooth. We’ve included some tips for making these cupcakes, as well as some ingredient substitutions, so you can enjoy them no matter what dietary restrictions you might have. Please share your comments below about how you like to enjoy sweet potatoes – we would love to hear from you!
Connect With Us