Best Baking Tips is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
When you think of fall, what comes to mind? Maple leaves, pumpkin spice, and caramel apples, right? In this recipe post, we’re going to show you how to take all of those delicious flavors and put them into one amazing pastry. These Caramel Apple Puff Pastry Tarts will have your taste buds singing with joy! Not only are they easy to make, but they’re also perfect for a crowd. Enjoy!
Caramel Apple Puff Pastry Tarts: Sticky Goodness!
Caramel apple puff pastry tarts are the perfect fall dessert. They’re easy to make, and they’re always a hit with family and friends. The best part is that they only require a few simple ingredients: puff pastry, apples, sugar, cinnamon, and butter. This recipe is perfect for a Fall party or potluck. The puff pastry is crispy and flaky, and the apples are juicy and tart. The caramel glaze adds the perfect amount of sweetness.
Best Baking Tips; Ingredient Tips!
Puff pastry is a type of dough that is made from flour, water, butter, and salt. The dough is rolled out and then folded several times to create layers. Puff pastry can be used to make a variety of sweet and savory dishes, including tarts, pies, and pastries.
When making caramel apple puff pastry tarts, it is important to use a good quality puff pastry dough. I like to use a brand that is made with all-natural ingredients and does not contain any preservatives or artificial flavors. Puff pastry dough can usually be found in the freezer section of your local grocery store.
In addition to puff pastry dough, you will need almond paste, granny smith apples, and caramel sauce. Almond paste is a thick paste that is made from ground almonds, sugar, and egg whites. It has a sweet, nutty flavor that pairs well with the apples and caramel. Granny smith apples are my favorite type of apple to use in this recipe because they are tart and have a firm texture. However, you can use any type of apple that you prefer. Caramel sauce is used to top the tarts before they are baked. You can either make your own caramel sauce or use a store-bought variety. If you are using store-bought caramel sauce, I recommend choosing one that is made with real ingredients and does not contain any artificial flavors or colors.
Caramel Apple Puff Pastry Tarts
If you want to try these Caramel Apple Puff Pastry Tarts, share your photo and experience with us, and let us know what you think in the comments below by using #bestbakingtips and #caramelapplepuffpastrytarts
Caramel Apple Puff Pastry Tarts
Let's gather the ingredients!
- 1 package puff pastry
- ½ cup almond paste
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 large egg fresh
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 pounds Granny Smith Apples
- 3 Tbsp light brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- Confectioners' sugar
- Caramel Sauce
- Take one half of the pastry and place on a lightly floured surface and roll into a 9 inch square. Cut the square into thirds and then cut each third in half. Repeat with the second half of puff pastry.
- Place the pastries on two parchment lined baking sheets. Place in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes or until the puff pastry becomes firm.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the almond paste, sugar, salt, egg, butter, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Then, with an offset spatula or knife, spread a thin layer of Almond cream (about 1 tablespoon) on each pastry, leaving about a quarter inch border. Cover and refrigerate the pastries while you prepare the apples.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel and cut the apples into thin slices. Place in a large bowl and toss with the sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Remove the puff pastry from the refrigerator and lay the apple slices on top of the almond cream, overlapping the slices.
- Bake for about 18 - 23 minutes or until the apples are slightly browned and tender and the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack. If desired, dust the tops of the Pastry Tarts with powdered sugar or a drizzle of caramel sauce.
- Serve and enjoy with family and friends!
Below are the must-read articles about other desserts. You will enjoy them reading as they are full of information and helpful tips. Read them and share your thoughts.
To Wrap It All Up
With fall in the air, it’s time to start baking all of our favorite comfort foods. These Caramel Apple Puff Pastry Tarts are perfect for a chilly autumn day. The recipe is simple to follow and doesn’t require many ingredients. Best of all, these tarts are delicious and sure to please any crowd. So get your aprons on and let’s get baking!
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried this Caramel Apple Puff Pastry Tarts recipe, please don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. Take a ? and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. ?? For more baking recipes make sure you subscribed to our weekly newsletter. ? besides, moreover, whereas, also, too