Affiliate Statement and a Caveat
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
The start of a new year is the perfect opportunity to reflect on your successes and set goals for the future – but let’s not forget all that 2022 has taught us! As you prepare for the fresh start ahead, why not treat yourself to something special? Our delicious Chocolate Champagne Cupcakes provide a decadent way to celebrate 2023. Sweet, fluffy chocolate cupcakes topped with swirls of champagne frosting are sure to make any party special, so pull out your stand mixer and let’s get baking!
Chocolate Champagne Cupcakes: The Perfect Dessert to Greet the Year 2023!
Chocolate Champagne Cupcakes are the perfect way to ring in the New Year! Sweet and decadent, these delightful treats combine chocolatey goodness with the refreshing taste of champagne. Chocolate cupcakes have a light and airy texture while being subtly punctuated by the bubbly note of champagne. Rich and creamy buttercream frosting ties it all together, giving Chocolate Champagne Cupcakes their signature flavor that is sure to please. Enjoy Chocolate Champagne Cupcakes this New Year’s Eve for an unforgettable celebration!
Best Baking Tips; Ingredient Tips!
Chocolate Champagne Cupcakes are the perfect way to celebrate any special occasion. Starting your baking journey with the right ingredients can make all the difference.
Cocoa powder is key for the rich and indulgent chocolate flavor. For best results, use an unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder, which will provide a dark and velvety cupcake crumb.
To give your Cocoa Champagne Cupcakes that added sparkle, don’t skimp on the champagne, go for a sparkling white variety.
As for sweetener, light brown sugar works best – it will help keep your cupcakes moist and tender without overpowering its decadent flavors with too much sweetness.
Using these top tips you can be sure that your Chocolate Champagne Cupcakes will be a treat worth savoring!
Chocolate Champagne Cupcakes
If you want to try this Chocolate Champagne Cupcakes Recipe, share your photo and experience with us. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #bestbakingtip and #chocolatechampagnecupcakes
Chocolate Champagne Cupcakes
Let's gather the ingredients!
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder dutch processed
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¾ cups light brown sugar
- ¾ stick unsalted butter softened
- 1 whole egg plus 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup champagne
- 1 cup champagne
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder Optional
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- gold or pearl sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a standard 12 cups muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together the sugar and butter on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Reduce the speed to low, then add the egg and egg white one at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture in ⅓ at a time, alternating with the champagne ½ at a time, beating until just combined. Do not overbeat.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, bring the champagne to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to medium and allow to simmer until it reduces down to about ¼ cup.
- Reserve 2 tbsp of the reduction for the frosting, and use the rest to brush on top of the warm cupcakes. I brushed each cupcake twice with the reduction and discarded the leftover. Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and 2 tbsp of the champagne reduction until smooth.
- Frost the cupcakes as desired, then decorate them with sparking sugar or pearl sprinkles.
- Serve and enjoy with family and friends!
Below are the must-read articles about baking. You will enjoy them reading as they are full of information and helpful tips. Read them and share your thoughts.
To Wrap It All Up
These chocolate champagne cupcakes are the perfect way to celebrate any special occasion. They’re light and fluffy, with a hint of sweetness from the Champagne. And they’re easy to make, too! So whether you’re celebrating a birthday, an anniversary, or just because it’s Tuesday, these cupcakes are sure to please. Let us know your favorite recipe in the comments below!
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried this Chocolate Champagne Cupcakes Recipe, please don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. In addition, Take a 📷 and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. For more baking recipes make sure you subscribed to our weekly newsletter. 📧