Affiliate Statement and a Caveat
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Are you looking for a fun and indulgent way to spice up your morning routine? If so, then classic French beignets are the perfect recipe for you! A popular street food found throughout France as well as many parts of North America, these donut-like treats have been delighting sweet tooths since the 1800s. And while they may look intimidating at first, making them couldn’t be easier; all that’s needed is flour, yeast, sugar, butter, and a few other basic ingredients. So pop on your favorite apron and get ready to whip up some delicious bites of culinary heaven in no time – it won’t take long before your house is smelling like an authentic Parisian bakery!
Classic French Beignets: Sinfully Delicious!
Nostalgic and delicious, classic French beignets are the perfect mid-morning snack or dessert. Soft, fried dough coated in a dusting of sugar, nothing says indulgence quite like plump beignets hot off the pan. Love them or loathe them these sweet treats will satisfy your craving for something sugary and addictive. Enjoyed around the world in many different countries and cultures, there’s no denying that beignets are an international favorite! So next time you’re looking for a light snack to get you through the rest of your day, remember that French beignets have been pleasing palates for centuries and won’t let you down.
Best Baking Tips; Ingredient Tips!
The right ingredient combination can make or break this pastry treat. To ensure your beignets have that perfect French flavor and texture, a few ingredient tips are in order. Start off with a high-grade unsalted butter – this ingredient will give your beignets their delicious richness. When working with yeast, purchasing and using active dry yeast will yield the best results. Flour should also be selected carefully; all-purpose flour works best for this recipe! And last but not least, good quality sugar is the key ingredient for sweetness in the beignet recipe. Follow these ingredient tips when preparing your delicious classic French Beignets and you won’t regret it!
Classic French Beignets
If you want to try this Classic French Beignets Recipe, share your photo and experience with us. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #bestbakingtip and #classicfrenchbeignets
Classic French Beignets
Let's gather the ingredients!
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon ground
- ½ cup water lukewarm
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 large egg
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- vegetable oil for frying
- berries and whipped cream optional, for topping
- In a small bowl, add 2 tbsp of lukewarm water, yeast, and 1 tsp of sugar. Set aside until frothy.
- In another bowl, beat the butter, remaining sugar, salt, and cinnamon until crumbly. Add the remaining lukewarm water and evaporated milk. Beat until fully combined.
- Add 2 cups flour, then mix and knead until well blended and elastic. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft and lightly sticky dough.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. then cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight to proof.
- Bring dough to room temperature. On a floured surface, roll the dough into a 16x12-inch rectangle. Cut into 2-in. squares.
- In a deep cast-iron skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°F. Then Drop beignets, a few at a time, into the hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar. If desired, serve with assorted berries and whipped topping.
- Serve and enjoy with family and friends!
Below are the must-read articles about baking. You will enjoy them reading as they are full of information and helpful tips. Read them and share your thoughts.
2. Classic Italian Anise Pizzelle
4. Healthy Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
5. Chickpea and Walnut Blondies
To Wrap It All Up
And there you have it, friends! What could be more simple or gratifying than a hot cup of coffee and homemade beignets on a cold winter morning? Or any morning, for that matter. These little pillows of fried dough are not only sinfully delicious, but also quite easy to make. So set aside some time this weekend and give them a try. I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried this Classic French Beignets Recipe, please don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. In addition, Take a ? and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. For more baking recipes make sure you subscribed to our weekly newsletter. ?
Classic Cream Puff Recipe – Amazing!
Classic Lemon Bars Recipe, Sunshine to Your Tastebuds!