Affiliate Statement and a Caveat
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
If there’s one thing I can’t resist, it’s a creamy caramel flan. Silky smooth caramel sauce with a light and fluffy custard – it’s pure bliss! This recipe is super easy to make and only takes a few minutes to put together. So if you’re in the mood for something sweet, give this recipe a try! You won’t regret it.
Creamy Caramel Flan: Pure Bliss!
Flan is a rich, creamy custard dessert that is popular in many parts of the world. The dish gets its name from the French word for “flat,” and it is typically made by combining milk, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. In Spain, flan is often flavored with lemon or orange zest, while in Mexico it is common to find flan made with cajeta, a type of caramel made from sweetened condensed milk. Making flan at home is not difficult, but it does require some patience and attention to detail.
The key to a successful flan is ensuring that the egg mixture is smooth and free of any lumps. Once the mixture is smooth, it should be slowly cooked in a water bath until it forms a thick custard. Once the custard has set, it can be chilled and then served with a drizzle of caramel sauce. Creamy Caramel Flan – with its rich flavor and silky texture, Flan is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Best Baking Tips; Ingredient Tips!
Flan is a classic dessert that can be enjoyed any time of year. Creamy and decadent, this custard-like treat is perfect for satisfying a sweet tooth. If you’re thinking of making flan at home, there are a few key ingredients to keep in mind.
Be sure to use light-colored sugar so that it doesn’t burn. The deep caramelized flavor also adds sweetness and depth to your flan.
Use full-fat cream cheese for best results. This is going to help add a lovely richness, creaminess, and body to our Flan.
Whole Eggs and Egg yolks
Helps thicken and emulsify our mixture while also lending its beautiful golden hue. For a traditional flavor, use whole eggs, but for a richer custard, go with just egg yolks.
Condensed milk and Evaporated milk
While some recipes call for heavy cream or milk, others use evaporated or condensed milk for a thick, creamy and richer flavor.
With these ingredient tips, you’ll be well on your way to making a delicious Creamy Caramel Flan that will impress your family and friends!
Creamy Caramel Flan
If you want to try this Creamy Caramel Flan Recipe, share your photo and experience with us. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #bestbakingtip and #creamycaramelflan
Creamy Caramel Flan
Let's gather the ingredients!
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 8 ounces cream cheese 1 package, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 12 ounces evaporated milk 1 can
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium-sized saucepan, cook sugar and water over medium-low heat until melted and golden. Brush down sugar crystals on the sides of the pan with additional water as necessary.
- quickly pour on the bottom of an ungreased 2 quart round souffle dish, while tilting the dish to coat the bottom. Set aside to let cool and set.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Beat in whole eggs and egg yolks, one at a time, until thoroughly combined.
- Add in the condensed milk, evaporated milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until well combined.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, carefully pour the mixture over the caramelized sugar.
- Place the dish in a large baking pan, the pour boiling water into larger pan to a depth of an inch.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until the center of the flan is just set when wiggled.
- Remove the dish from the larger pan to a wire rack to cool completely. I suggest putting it in the fridge overnight.
- To unmold, run a knife dipped in hot water then wiped dry, around the edge, and swiftly invert onto a large rimmed serving platter.
- Cut into wedges, then spoon the sauce over each serving.
- Optional: Garnish with fresh fruits.
- Enjoy with family and friends!
Below are the must-read articles about baking. You will enjoy them reading as they are full of information and helpful tips. Read them and share your thoughts.
To Wrap It All Up
Have you tried our creamy caramel flan recipe yet? It’s a delicious and easy dessert that is perfect for any occasion. Flan is made with eggs, sugar, and cream, so it’s sure to please everyone at your next gathering. Plus, this recipe only takes about 30 minutes to make from start to finish! If you’re looking for an impressive dessert that will WOW your guests, then be sure to try out our creamy caramel flan recipe. We promise you won’t regret it!
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried this Creamy Caramel Flan Recipe, please don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. In addition, Take a 📷 and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. For more baking recipes make sure you subscribed to our weekly newsletter. 📧