Best Baking Tips is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Strawberry Tres Leches Cake is a delicious and easy-to-make cake that is perfect for any occasion. The cake gets its name from the three types of milk used in the recipe: evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and whole milk. These ingredients combine to create a rich and moist cake that is oh-so-delicious. Strawberry Tres Leches Cake is typically decorated with fresh strawberries and whipped cream, but you can also get creative with your toppings. Try using chocolate shavings, sprinkles, or even a drizzle of caramel sauce. No matter how you decorate it, Strawberry Tres Leches Cake is sure to be a hit!
Strawberry Tres Leches Cake: Incredibly Moist and Rich!
Are you looking for a delicious and moist cake recipe? Look no further than strawberry tres leches cake! This Mexican-inspired dessert is made with three types of milk, which gives it its rich and creamy taste. Plus, the addition of fresh strawberries makes it extra special. To make this cake, simply bake a vanilla sponge cake and then soak it in the milk mixture. Once it has absorbed all the liquid, top the cake with whipped cream and fresh strawberries. Your guests will be impressed by your baking skills – and they’ll definitely ask for seconds!
Best Baking Tips; Ingredient Tips!
Cake flour is a type of flour that is finer and has less protein than all-purpose flour. This makes it ideal for baking cakes because it results in a more tender and delicate crumb. For this recipe, be sure to use cake flour and not all-purpose flour.
Heavy whipping cream
Heavy whipping cream is a type of cream that has been thickened with the addition of gelatin. It is ideal for making whipped cream because it holds its shape and doesn’t deflate. Be sure to use heavy whipping cream and not regular whipping cream or else your cake will not be as rich and creamy.
Evaporated milk is a type of milk that has been cooked down to remove water. This results in a more concentrated flavor and a thicker consistency. Be sure to use evaporated milk and not sweetened condensed milk or else your cake will be too sweet.
Condensed milk is a type of milk that has been cooked down to remove water and then had sugar added to it. This results in a very sweet and thick product. You only need a small amount of condensed milk for this recipe so be sure not to use too much or else your cake will be cloyingly sweet.
Fresh strawberries are the best choice for this cake. They add sweetness and tartness to the cake, as well as a lovely pink color. Be sure to use fresh strawberries that are ripe and red for the best flavor and color. If you can’t find fresh strawberries, you can also use frozen strawberries. Just be sure to thaw and drain them before using them in the recipe.
Strawberry Tres Leches Cake
If you want to try this Strawberry Tres Leches Cake Recipe, share your photo and experience with us. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #bestbakingtip and #strawberrytreslechescake
Strawberry Tres Leches Cake
Let's gather the ingredients!
- 4 large eggs separated
- ⅔ cups granulated sugar divided
- ⅔ cups cake flour sifted
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp rum
- 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups strawberry fresh
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper, then grease the paper with butter or oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until slightly thickened. Gradually add ⅓ cup of sugar, beating on high speed until thick and lighter in color. Fold in flour, a third at a time.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, Place egg whites and salt. With clean beaters, beat on medium until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the remaining ⅓ cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until the sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until soft glossy peaks form.
- Fold a third of the whites into the batter, then fold in the remaining whites. Gently spread into prepared pan.
- Bake until top springs back when lightly touched, 20-25 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Let's Soak and Decorate!
- In a small mixing bowl, mix cream, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and extracts.
- Place the cake on a rimmed serving plate. Poke holes on the top with a skewer, then brush or pour slowly over the cake. Refrigerate, covered, for 2 hours.
- For the topping, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until peaks form. Spread over the top of the cake. Top cake with sliced and whole fresh strawberries.
- Serve chilled, and enjoy with family and friends!
Below are the must-read articles about baking. You will enjoy them reading as they are full of information and helpful tips. Read them and share your thoughts.
To Wrap It All Up
If you’re in the mood for a delicious, decadent dessert, look no further than this strawberry tres leches cake! It’s perfect for any special occasion. Thanks for joining me today as I shared this tasty recipe with you. I hope you get a chance to try it out soon! And please let us know what you think!
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried this Strawberry Tres Leches Cake Recipe, please don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. In addition, Take a ? and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. For more baking recipes make sure you subscribed to our weekly newsletter. ?