Best Baking Tips is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
I love bread. There’s something about the way it tastes and smells that just makes my mouth water. And I’m not alone in this; bread is one of the most popular foods in the world. In fact, there are over 5,000 types of bread! Today, I want to share with you a recipe for cheesy potato rolls that is sure to please your taste buds. These rolls are soft and fluffy, with a delicious cheesy flavor that will make you forget all about regular old white bread. So if you’re looking for a new and exciting way to enjoy bread, be sure to give this recipe a try!
Cheesy Potato Rolls: Loaded with Cheese and Potato Goodness!
There’s something about cheesy potatoes that just makes them irresistible. And when you add them to rolls, they become even more delicious! These Cheesy Potato Rolls are loaded with cheese and potato goodness, and they’re perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re serving them as a side dish or as a main course, they’re sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Made with cheddar cheese and Yukon gold potatoes, these rolls are cheesy and flavorful. Best of all, they’re easy to make and only require a few simple ingredients. So go ahead and indulge in all their cheesy goodness!
What’s inside these Cheesy Potato Rolls that makes them so good?
Cheesy Potato Rolls are the perfect blend of comfort and flavor. Yukon gold potatoes are mashed and combined with cheddar cheese, creating a rich and savory dough. The rolls are then baked to perfection, creating a crispy outer crust that gives way to a soft and fluffy interior.
There’s something about Yukon gold potatoes that just makes them irresistible. Maybe it’s their buttery flavor, or their smooth, creamy texture. Or maybe it’s just because they’re so darned cute. Whatever the reason, Yukon golds have a special place in our hearts – and in our stomachs.
What about when you add cheddar cheese to the mix? Suddenly, those Yukon golds become even more delicious. The sharp, cheesy flavor pairs perfectly with the potatoes, and the result is a roll that’s simply irresistible. We could eat these all day long!
So, what’s the secret to these delectable rolls? It’s all in the Yukon gold potatoes and the cheddar cheese. Together, they create a flavor combo that’s hard to resist. If you’re looking for a roll that’s sure to please, look no further than these Cheesy Potato Rolls. You won’t be disappointed!
Cheesy Potato Rolls
If you want to try this Cheesy Potato Rolls Recipe, share your photo and experience with us. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #bestbakingtip and #cheesypotatorolls
Cheesy Potato Rolls
Let's gather the ingredients!
- 1 medium Yukon gold potato cooked, mashed
- ½ cup water lukewarm
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 ¼ tsp active dry yeast
- ½ cup cheddar cheese grated
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened, plus more for brushing
- In a small bowl, mix together the lukewarm water, yeast, and 1 tbsp sugar. Set aside to bloom until frothy.
- In a large bowl, Beat the eggs, sugar, mashed potato, salt, cheese, and half of the flour. Mix until well combined. Then set aside in a warm place until the dough doubles in volume.
- Turn the dough on a floured surface, add butter and remaining half of the flour. Knead the dough until it is smooth and bouncy. Shape the dough into a ball.
- Brush a large bowl with butter and turn dough around in bowl to coat lightly. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Generously butter two 9-inch round or square cake pans. Turn the dough out of the bowl and pat into a rectangle about 16- by 8-inches, gently pressing out excess air. Divide the dough into 32 equal portions, about an ounce each, with a pizza wheel or bench scraper.
- Divide the dough in half lengthwise, then in half crosswise. Cut each of those four sections into 8 equal-sized rolls.
- Tuck the edges of the dough under to make round rolls and place them seam-side down in the prepared pan, leaving a little space in between each roll.
- Cover the pan with buttered plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place until the rolls rise almost to the rim of the pan and have more than doubled in size.
- Bake rolls for 40 minutes until golden brown and puffy.
- Remove rolls from the oven and quickly brush the tops with melted butter.
- Serve warm or at room temperature in one piece or pulled apart as individual rolls.
- Enjoy with family and friends!
Below are the must-read articles about baking. You will enjoy them reading as they are full of information and helpful tips. Read them and share your thoughts.
To Wrap It All Up
If you’re looking for an easy side dish to serve up at your next get-together, give these cheesy potato rolls a try! They’re simple to make and sure to be a hit with everyone. Plus, they’ll help take the load off of your oven – perfect for those times when you have multiple dishes to cook at once. I hope you enjoy them and Please let us know what you think!
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried this Cheesy Potato Rolls Recipe, please don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. In addition, Take a ? and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. For more baking recipes make sure you subscribed to our weekly newsletter. ?