Affiliate Statement and a Caveat
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Are you in search of a delicious and delectable cake that is also gluten-free? Look no further because we’ve got the perfect recipe just for you! This soft, fluffy Lemon and Almond Sponge Cake combines zesty lemons with nutty almond flavors creating an irresistible dessert. Not only does this cake look gorgeous, but it packs a punch of flavor in every bite. Whether you are looking for something to level up your next special occasion or satisfy your sweet tooth cravings, this gluten-free cake will do the trick!
Lemon and Almond Sponge Cake: I can’t believe it’s gluten-free!
A Gluten-free Lemon and Almond Sponge Cake is an indulgent treat that’s perfect for both special occasions and everyday enjoyment. It takes the classic Almond Sponge Cake to a whole new level, featuring an irresistible lemony flavor. Made with potato flour, eggs, slivered almonds, and a hint of Lemon zest, each bite is light and fluffy but with a delicious crunch from the almonds. The addition of lemon zest really helps this sponge cake stand out – it provides a refreshing contrast to the sweetness of traditional variations. A slice of this delightful gluten-free cake is sure to be loved by everyone who tries it!
Best Baking Tips; Ingredient Tips!
For those looking to try something new in the baking world, a gluten-free Lemon and Almond Sponge Cake is a perfect place to start. To ensure that your cake turns out exactly how you want it to, it is important to follow all the steps correctly. Start by separating the eggs and whisking the egg whites with some sugar until they form a stiff peak when lifted from the bowl. When adding in the egg yolks and other ingredients, make sure to also include freshly squeezed lemon juice and zest for extra flavor.
Instead of typical flour, potato flour is used for gluten-free baking – it works especially well in sponge cakes because of its light texture. Lastly, for that added crunchy texture, sprinkle chopped or slivered almonds on top before baking. Follow these helpful tips and you will be sure to enjoy a delicious gluten-free Lemon and Almond Sponge Cake!
Lemon and Almond Sponge Cake
If you want to try this Lemon and Almond Sponge Cake Recipe, share your photo and experience with us. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #bestbakingtip and #lemonalmondspongecake
Lemon and Almond Sponge Cake
Let's gather the ingredients!
- 4 large eggs separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ lemon juice and zest
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup almonds ground
- ½ cup potato flour
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the yolks in a large mixing bowl and the whites in a medium bowl. Add a pinch of salt and a few drops of lemon juice to the whites and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks until thick and pale. Add the sugar and continue beating until thick and creamy. Beat in the zest and juice of ½ a lemon and the vanilla extract until well blended and thick. Quickly beat in the ground almonds.
- Using very clean beaters, beat the egg whites on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase the speed to high; beat the whites until thick and glossy, and the peaks hold.
- Using a spatula, gently but firmly fold the stiff whites into the lemon almond cake batter in 3 additions. Fold in the potato flour with the third addition of the whites in order to avoid overworking the batter. Fold in the whites just until all the lumps of white have disappeared.
- Gently pour the batter into the prepared pan. Dust with a couple of tablespoons of slivered almonds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-45 minutes until puffed, set, and golden. A tester inserted in the center should come out dry.
- Remove the pan from the oven onto a cooling rack and allow it to cool before unmolding. Carefully run a long, thin blade around the sides to loosen the cake while still warm.
- Serve and enjoy with family and friends!
Below are the must-read articles about baking. You will enjoy them reading as they are full of information and helpful tips. Read them and share your thoughts.
To Wrap It All Up
Whether for special occasions or everyday treats, gluten-free desserts can be just as delicious, if not more so, than traditional recipes. This lemon and almond sponge cake is a delightful treat that perfectly combines the tang of sweet lemon with the crunch of almonds. From the incredibly simple preparation to eating your first bite, this recipe is sure to delight. Why not spend a lazy afternoon making this gluten-free dessert? If you do, be prepared to enter into a delectable experience that will surprise and impress all your family and friends. Treat your taste buds by trying out this classic lemon and almond sponge cake recipe for yourself! Let us know what you think; we’d love to hear from you. Enjoy!
Connect With Us
If you’ve tried this Lemon and Almond Sponge Cake Recipe, please don’t forget to leave a rating on the recipe card. In addition, Take a ? and tag us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. For more baking recipes make sure you subscribed to our weekly newsletter. ?